Thursday, October 06, 2005

Not a good day.

The exact opposite of a good day.

This is one of those days when I could really use a shoulder to cry on, and the person better have a towel and a dry shirt close by.

12 comments:

mm said...

*hands arkie my shirt*

What happened hon?

{{hugs}}

arkie said...

I don't know if you remember reading a post I made on OT back in April about my son, but today I had to back to court for a review of his case. Had a different judge this time, and he was such an ass. Somehow, the fact that things have not been done by the probation officer in Arkansas is my fault. So, I have 8 weeks to get this done, or I will be held in contempt of court. OK, fine - who do I contact to get this done? Who do I call? The judge doesn't know. The DA doesn't know. The TN probation officer doesn't know. No one seems to know, but I'm supposed to be able to figure it out and get it done.

mm said...

I do remember that. You have 8 weeks, is that for paperwork? Does everything need to be processed within the 8 weeks, or just filed/responded to? Some attorneys will give free advice over the phone, maybe you can try that?

So sorry...hang in there.

Seana said...

Damn, arkie. This really stinks. So now you have to hunt down the probation officer and sit on his/her ass until this gets done? Sheesh.

I wonder if Nolay could give you some advice.

arkie said...

Well, the judge had ordered a psycho-sexual evaluation be done on my son. So, I have to find out who does that - psychologist, psychiatrist, social worker? - get an appointment, get it done, and have the report to the judge by Dec 1. The probation officer in Arkansas claims she can't do anything until she hears from the state of Tennessee, to know what they want done. Which is crap. The order for the eval was in the orders when they transferred the probation from TN to AR. Either Arkansas doesn't want to do it because of not wanting to pay for it, or she just doesn't want to do anything. She has only met with DS once in all this time. No drug tests, no checking up on him, nothing. Good thing he's not actually a threat to anyone.
It just makes me want to scream.

Jen said...

*pours Arkie a big ole drink*

I'm so sorry sweetie. I wish we lived closer, I would be right there with my shoulder. And a towel. *hugs*

Syren said...

Hun, I have a shoulder...and info.

You need to go here... http://www.arkansas.gov/directory/detail2.cgi?ID=20

Call the number and speak to Dan Roberts. He is the Deputy Director of parole/probation. Even though it is in Juvenile court, he should be the one that you can file a complaint with regarding your sons PO.

I would also go here http://www.arkansas.gov/directory/detail2.cgi?ID=213 and call that number. It is Youth Services, and they should be able to tell you how to go about getting the testing that is being required. Explain the situation, that you have only so much time, and it was never your responsibilty to begin with. That the fault lies with the PO.

And lastly, it will be a pain in the ass, but don't stop. Bug them till they do what they are supposed to do, and if they do not, contact the Secretary of State, and file a complaint.

Hope that helps a bit...
*smooch*

arkie said...

Thank you all for the kind words and the hugs, and thank you syren for the links. Love you all!

momma said...

Look at the Amazing Syren work!

*hugs* to Arkie!

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

I'm late as usual but I still have two available shoulders and a half-dry shirt. The baby spit half-eaten waffles and other stuff on it this morning at breakfast.

*smooch* {{ hugs }}

Schnookie said...

*BIG HUGS* Arkie! I hope the info Syren posted will help you out. Good luck!

Monstah said...

Ahkie honey, first off big, bog hugs. Looks like Syren has pointed in the right direction. I would also recomend going to see your son's probation officier in person and press him to get things done. (AND I MEAN PRESS.) Also, I imagine your son has an attorney in Arkansas or did at one point? Call him/her asap.

Good luck and hang in there!