Saturday, October 22, 2005

Miscellaneous things

Went to see Wallace & Grommitt: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit Friday when I got off work. Yes, I know, it's a children's flick, but I.LOVED.IT! I giggled so much through out the whole movie. It was cute, it was fun, and I enjoyed myself.

Went to Weight Watcher's this morning. Bad news: I didn't lose any weight. Good news: I didn't gain any, either.

I had to find a new stylist. My regular stylist was out on maternity leave the last time I got my hair cut/colored/highlighted, so I let one of the other women in her shop do it. It was fucked up. A couple of weeks ago, I was driving by where her shop is, and as I was passing it, I noticed that there was a For Lease sign in the window, and a couple of hand-written signs on poster-board stuck on the door. I was already past the turn-in, so I didn't stop to see what the signs said. Went by the next day, and the signs were already taken off, and the shop was empty. I don't know if she relocated, or just closed it or what. So, after the WW meeting this morning, I went into the salon that is next to WW's, to see if someone could give me a cut. I know the lighting is bad, but what do you think?


After the haircut, I decided to go to the movies again. This time, I went to see Domino. This is a total KICK-ASS movie! OMG, I loved it! And? I have a new pretend BF. And none of you ho's better dis him, or try to take him. *grin*


This? is Edgar Ramirez. I think he is SMOKIN' HOT! Cleaned up or scruffy... he does it for me!

21 comments:

Bravie said...

He is rather pretty. I'm not sure he's my type but I'll approve for you. *smooch*

And woman? How the hell can wee see your highlights in that picture? *rolls eyes*
But the cut looks beeeyouteeeful.
*smooch*

arkie said...

Thank you. The highlights still look like shit, so I'm not exactly wanting y'all to be able to see them. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep them, or go back to solid brown for a while. I've had the highlights for about 2 years now, and I think I'm ready for something different.

*smooch*

Rose said...

Hair? Very cute!
*squints* I can even see a highlight or two.. (don't worry Carey is just getting old...)

*evil grin*

Boy? Ummm.. sure, he's umm.. unique.

blech. Sorry just not my type. I do like that guy from Numbers with the same hairdo though....

arkie said...

Rose, Rose, Rose... *shakes head* I can't believe you said "blech" to my Edgar. He's got those full lips, and that cute dimple in his chin, and beautiful brown eyes... *swoon*

Jen said...

I'm thinking I love the hair, but it's hard to tell from those pics. I'm sure it's wunnerful.

The guy? not so much. My stance on long hair is well known. (and if it's not well known, let me just say ew.) I do love dimples though. Be happy, we all think he's heinous, so no stealing! *grin*

*smooch*

arkie said...

Jen, I cannot believe you said he's heinous!!! When was the last time you had your eyes checked, hon? But that's fine... at least I don't have to worry about any of you trying to steal my pretend BF.
*hmph!*

arkie said...

I can't believe I totally forgot my manners! Thank you, Rose and Jen, for the comment on my hair.

*smooch*

*grumblegrumblecallmymanheinousgrumblegrumble*

Bravie said...

We have decided to do something different with my color too. It's been about a year and I'm bored. But we are waiting until after Vegas just incase it tunrs out to be heinus. *grin*

Syren said...

You're hot...he's hot...can I be in the middle...

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

I love the hair and going to two movies in one day. I can't rememeber the last movie I saw in a theatre but it's about time for another.

*smooch* You look mahvelous.

arkie said...

Carey, you, like Edgar, could never be heinous. *smooch*

Syren? NO! you cannot be in the middle. This one, I'm not sharing! Sorry.

CSTL, I would definitely recommend this movie... Total Kick-Ass! and thank you.

~Nutz said...

I want to see Wallace & Gromit!!! It looks too cute and I don't care if it's for kids.

The hair? I really like the cut! Of course, as you said the pics are kind of dark.

The new crush? He's cute enough, but not too cute that I'll want to steal him from you, so he's all yours! *wink*

Jen said...

Sorry, hon. My eyesight is perfect. 20/15. :P

arkie said...

Jen, then you just have bad taste. *grin*

Nutz, that's ok... not that any of y'all would be able to steal him from me anyway, LOL. And you should really go see W&G - it is so much fun!

Glowie said...

Arkie honey, your hair is gorgeous. Your new crush is yummy. I won't steal him from you. Jared would get jealous. *grin* *smoooooooch*

arkie said...

Glowie? You are now my new favorite. *smooch*

Glowie said...

What do you mean "new"? *grin* *smooch*

arkie said...

Well, Glowie, I've let Carey think she's my favorite, but now I'm just letting it be known publically that you are in fact my favorite. *grin*

Boo, yes, just like the Peanuts character Freida (who spells her name wrong), I have "naturally curly hair".

Schnookie said...

Very cute hair cut Arkie. Why do our hairdressers always have to abandon us? *pout*

Love your new pretend BF. I've never seen him before. You can certainly have him all to yourself. We all seem to have enough of our own pretend BF's. Like Glowie said, he's yummy.

I'm dying to go out to the movie theaters. There just isn't anything I want to see but I love the experience of going out and munching on popcorn. As long as I don't get any noisy creeps sitting beside me.

arkie said...

Thanks, Nookie! It was really traumatic for me to realize my stylist was gone. *cries* I have such difficult hair, that it's very hard to find someone who can actually work with it. Hopefully, this new one will work out.

I don't remember ever seeing Edgar in anything before, but I will probably check his filmography, and maybe see if I can rent some of his old movies this coming weekend.

And you have to have popcorn at the movies... Popcorn never tastes better anywhere else than at the movies. And what I really hate is when someone sits behind me, and they prop their feet on the back of the chair. I usually try to get the very back row for that reason.

Schnookie said...

Yep, I always sit in the last row when possible.

I also have tons of popcorn at home. I never eat it though. Just doesn't taste the same as at the theaters *grin*