Friday, October 07, 2005

Whew!

Got my annual evaluation today. I was sweating this one so much. This last year, with everything going on with Arkieboy, and just everything else... I haven't been performing as well as I should have. As my boss told me today (and has said before, when we talked) that it's not been Freda in that office this past year. I haven't had the drive or dedication, and been rather nonchalant about everything. So, I only got a 3% pay raise. 4% is the most I could have gotten, and in the last 6 years (since I've been in the corporate office), this is the first time I have not gotten the most allowed.

That's part of the reason I haven't been on OT or on the blogs this past week until the evenings. I have GOT to get my ass in gear, and prove to my boss (and to myself) that I am worth every penny they pay me.

I did get a new title today, lol. I am now the "Medicare Goddess". I have been referred to as the Medicare guru, the Medicare Yoda, but I like the Goddess better. *grin*

14 comments:

mm said...

You are definitely a goddess! They are lucky to have you and they know it. Congrats on getting the raise and the new title.

*smooch*

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Yes, you're my goddess too but not my sigpic goddess. That's reserved but I bow down at your feet.

*smooch*

Monstah said...

I like the Medicare Babe. Good to see things are looking up for you.

~Nutz said...

Ooooh! Love your new title! Congrats on the raise.

Bravie said...

Glad you had a good day, Hon. *smooch*
Now. Can I get a bandaid please?

arkie said...

*smooch*
*smooch*
*smooch*

to all of y'all!

Medicare Babe... hmmm, that could work,too. *grin*

Carey, I will be glad to get you a bandaid, but first I need to know how you will be paying for it?

Zombs said...

You people with your fancy jobs!

I am very proud of you and I know you deserve more than 3%!

Zombs said...

You people with your fancy jobs!

I am very proud of you and I know you deserve more than 3%!

Bravie said...

I'm gay marrying Glowie. Her insurance will cover it.

arkie said...

*smooch* OK, but if Glowie's insurance doesn't pay, I'm going to rip that band-aid off.

Seana said...

I guess how much that would hurt depends on where Carey's boo boo is.

I *guess* I would understand if you neglected us for the sake of your actual life. *rolls eyes*

Seriously: good for you. I shall call you MG henceforth.

*curtseys*

arkie said...

You may rise, Seana. {/end regal voice} *grin*

And I appreciate you being so understanding about my lack of desire to join the unemployed. *rolls eyes* LOL

I think this word verification should have been MM's. wsexq

Syren said...

Yay for you.

Hey...keep us posted on Arkieboy. K...

Hurry up and prove what ya gotta...because OT needs you too...lol

*smooch*

momma said...

Congrats! And obviously you haven't been that awful if you still have a job and got a raise and new title to boot!

*smooch*