Monday, October 24, 2005

click this

Edited to clarify that this *points down* is not my profile, it's something that I thought was cute and wanted to share with you all.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/moresexthanme.html

I tried to link my profile (in the comments in the post below this one), but apparently you can't get in to look at it unless you are a member. So here it is. Please, please, PLEASE! Be nice... I'm fragile, you know...

Introduction:
Hey, there!

So, I'm supposed to tell you what type of man I'd like to meet. I have a hard time coming up with a list of what you must and must not be and do, because different people have different qualities that make them attractive to me. Tall, short, slim, stocky... it doesn't come down to that. It's what I see when I look at your eyes, and your smile. You need to have a sense of humor -- to be able to laugh at the 3 Stooges, the skits on Saturday Night Live, Jon Stewart and David Letterman. I like to play pranks on people, and like to think I can take it as well. I love jokes, even risque ones as long as they are actually funny.

I hope you like music - I have a wide variety of tastes, ranging from classic rock to heavy metal to country (just a little of that, though - most of it makes my ears bleed) to pop to blues to oldies (50's & 60's) and even a little disco thrown in. (I only listen to disco music when dancing - I promise!) I love The Eagles, Rolling Stones, Foo Fighters, Matchbox 20...

Movies - yeah, I like chick flicks - I am a woman, after all. But I also like action flicks (the Die Hard trilogy, for example). I love comedies. I'm not really into horror movies too much - if you take me to one, I will spend the whole evening either covering my face with my hands, or burying my face in your shoulder.

What would you like to do on a first date?
Well, this is obviously going to depend on who my date is -- I would want us to do something we're both going to enjoy. Maybe a movie and going for coffee or a drink afterwards, so we can get to know each other better.

Why you should get to know me:
I am very big-hearted, and loyal to those I care about. Besides, I'm fun. *smile*
I have a lot of love to give to the right person.

I am a very good listener.

What have past relationships taught you?
You can't fake it. You've got to be yourself. Settling for what's there, instead of holding out for what you really want only leads to unhappiness and discontent for the both of you. You have to be there for the right reasons.

Describe some of the most important things in your life:
My son is one of the most important people in my life.
Love is important.
Honesty is important.
My friends are a very important part of my life.

Describe your perfect day:
An overcast day, maybe a light drizzle, and the two of us on an empty beach, just walking and talking. Then that evening, we watch a movie, drink some wine, and snuggle on the couch.

One final thing I'd like to mention...
I want someone with whom I can have comfortable silence.

I'm open to a long term relationship, but I'm also open to just being friends, and talking.

I'm well aware how lame it is, so you really don't need to say that... it's understood. Now y'all can see why I need your help so badly.

20 comments:

Bravie said...

I thought this was your profile.

arkie said...

Well, it could be, LOL...

Seana said...

LOL carey. That's what I thought too.

mm said...

I like it. What don't you like? check your flag!

arkie said...

Checked my flag, and thank you so much, mm! *blushes* I wish I had been clever like that.

OK, what don't I like? It just seems so stilted. It doesn't flow well. And I sound like a freaking dork. (OK, so maybe I am a freaking dork.)

Seana said...

You've got a bit of humour and some depth in there. Your answers sound thoughtful and sincere. What's not to like?

Chrissy (woe) said...

I think you did a beautiful job.

I love the video!!!! Soooo catchy, I'll be singing it all day at work tomorrow :D It is also true for me--everyone else has had more sex than me.

*smooch*

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

I like it, I think it would be great if you opened up maybe just a little bit more. I signed up on the site so that I could see your profile but still couldn't find it. You'll find that there are a lot of men that are instantly attracted to women based on the little slice of who you are inside that you share.

I dont think I've told anyone how I met Jennie, my kids mom. We'd never chatted and I wasn't realy using the Yahoo messenger or anything like that yet. I just happened to be browsing yahoo profiles and I came across hers. The first thing that caught my eye was that she was cute but her quote was what made me contact her. It said that she wanted to meet someone that wouldn't hold her past mistakes against her. I dont know why but it made me contact her. It was clear out of the blue and I had no idea what would come of it, but I just felt that I had to at least email her and tell her that I understood.

The rest is history somewhat. I have two wonderful kids from it.

You are sweet, beautiful and definitely sexy. It will happen.

Bravie said...

I don't see what's so lame about this. I would date you. *grin*

Rose said...

I'd date you too.

Your not stilted- you're just being real.

Fake people have really exciting dating profiles.

Coco said...

Actually, I don't think it's lame at all. I think it's honest, open, and warm. *smooches Ahkie*

jenbeauty said...

I love it...very open!

arkie said...

Carey, you would date me because I have big oobies. *grin*

Steve, open up more how? I need it spelled out for me,lol.

*smooches to Chrissy, Coco, Rose, and JB*

Bravie said...

Well duh!!!!

arkie said...

*rolls eyes* Dork.

Monstah said...

I liked what *you* wrote! (I did not click on the link...I will try later.) It sounds like you are a kind, decent, easy going person who loves her son and loves life too.

Oh, how I adore you, Ahkie!

PS No mention of Mahky Mahk you inviible pet aadvahk?

Zombs said...

I like it Arkie. Are you free this weekend?

No seriously very nice and very sincere.

Schnookie said...

I don't think it's lame at all Arkie. As long as you are honest, that's all that matters.

*HUGS* I know doing this isn't easy.

arkie said...

*smooches* Monsty. No, I haven't mentioned Mahkie Mahk, my invisible aadvahk yet. A girl's got to keep some sense of mystery about her, don't cha think? *grin*

Thanks, Zombs, Nookie & Bob. I guess I will just have to be patient. Or maybe actually start contacting the guys instead of waiting on them to discover what a gem I am. *grin*

*SAAMMMMOOOOOOCHHHHHHES* to all of y'all.

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Yes I think your profile is wonderful, absolutely wonderful as you are.