I want another one so bad. I enjoyed getting my first one. People said it would hurt. It didn't. In a strange way, it actually felt good. Of course, having a guy sitting behind me, basically being in the Vee of his legs for around 3 hours, felt good too. *evil grin*
Gawd, I want another one. But I can't decide what I want. The first one has some meaning to me, and some symbolism behind it. I don't want to be some tattoo snob, but I also don't want to get one just because I thought it was cute or whatever.
This? is my Pegasus. I took in three different drawings/illustrations of Pegasus' to the tat artist, and had him combine them into this. Please notice that it is a Pegasus, and not a unicorn. A Pegasus has wings, a unicorn has a horn. A unicorn can only be captured by a virgin, no virginity requirements for a Pegasus. You can find unicorn paraphernalia anywhere, Pegasus' are a bit harder to find. If you look up the definition of pegasus, this is what it says: n 1: (Greek mythology) immortal winged horse that sprang from the blood of the slain Medusa; was tamed by Bellerophon with the help of a bridle given him by Athena; as the flying horse of the Muses it is a symbol of high-flying imagination [syn: Pegasus, flying horse] 2: a constellation in the northern hemisphere near Andromeda and Pisces [syn: Pegasus] That's the meaning for me to have this particular tattoo. I think the image of pegasus' is beautiful, and it came from the death of something ugly (Medusa). I've been divorced for over 12 years now. I was in a really deep funk for most of that time, that really started the last year of my marriage, following the birth of my son. I have finally felt like I've come out of that ugly period, and it's dead, never to be revisited again. The pegasus is to remind me of that. That I am beautiful, and can soar above all the ugliness. It's a reminder not to let someone else suck the very life out of me. The other part of getting the tattoo is that I put it off for so many years, because of how others might perceive me because of having a tattoo. I finally realized that I have to live for myself. I have to like myself, and be proud of who I am. And other peoples conceptions (and misconceptions) of me cannot rule my life. Anyway, since I put so much thought into this one, I would feel like I was cheating myself if I just went in with some generic image that meant nothing to me.

25 comments:
It's lovely! ...and so are you! *smooch*
I can't help you choose what your next one is, but let us know when you decide.
Oh, wait! What about something that has to do with arkieboy? Hi name with a design around it. That would be a nice and have meaning.
Wow, thats so beautiful as are you. You should show it off whenever you get the opportunity. Did T tell you that you've been on times my mind at some rather interesting times *grin* , yes an amazing woman indeed you are.
You have gorgeous skin! And a very nice tattoo. I've got three- I've been officially cut off.
Okay, we'll have Breezy swing by and get you and then the two of you can come here and then we can go get new tats together. Mkay?
She's been wanting one, I've been wanting a new one, so this works.
*smooch* to my beautiful Arkie.
Thanks, nutz! *smooch* I've thought about that, and I know a lot of people do get their kids' names and/or images tattooed on them, but that's just not me.
Thank you for the compliment, Steve.
Thanks, Rose. What are your tattoos?
Carey, sounds like a plan to me. Would we be getting matching tats? Because I really don't want a Green Bay tat, and I know Breezy keeps talking about getting something like that. *grin* *smooch*
What a lovely sentiment, and nicely phrased as well. I'll try to ignore the needling at the beginning there.
*smooch*
You *are* beautiful.
Very pretty arkie. The only suggestion I can make for a new one would obviously be something about me. Ya know, my name, or sig pic. Something like that. What do you think? :D
Seriously, it's very nice and I loved reading the meaning behind it.
I'm sorry, Seana. That wasn't directed at you, honest. *smooch* And thank you.
mm - *slaps forehead* That's it! That's exactly what I should get. Your screen name and one of your sig pics. Hmmm, but where would I put it??? *grin*
*gasp*
I think you should get the weinermobile!
She is getting the GB logo and I am getting the 49er logo.
Or, I do like the idea of the weinermobile.
Ya know, that would be cute! Or we could all get a tat of Gus. *grin*
*squinty eyes* are you being sarcastic, arkie? Pfft! I was all willing to let you memorialize me and you hafta go and ruin it.
And if you do the weinermobile, do it on your ass. :D
Nice tattoo. Great color.
Ben O.
No, MM, I would NEVER be sarcastic about getting your name tattooed on my body. Maybe I will get the weinermobile, and have your name tattooed on top of it. *grin*
*smooches* Tishy
Thanks, Ben!
Ohhh how pretty. Suits you.
I want another one, but cannot find anyone to go with me.
*pout*
I have a purple rose on my R shoulder w/ butterflys hovering...
I have a yellow rose (I got it in TX, looong story) on my right hip.
And the grand finale- The symbol for infinity in the small of my back w/ the japanese characters for "strength" and "wisdom" within the loops.
All are color, all were mildly painful, all are very pretty imo.
(Now is when I wish i had a digital camera.)
I've been wanting another tattoo since I got my last one about three and a half years ago. I wanted to somehow combine the two that I wanted but it wasn't going to work out that way and we couldn't make it work. I told Shawn when I lose 30 pounds, I'm getting my next and probably final one.
I would never ever get a tattoo that didn't *mean* something. I have three and I'll never regret having any of them.
oh. And whose pretend BF did I steal?
*innocent look*
That is such a lovely tattoo Arkie and the sentiment behind it is beautiful.
I like the idea of the wienermobile as a tattoo *grin*
Then, there's always Bruiser the banana LOL.
Nice unicorn!
Hee hee!!! I am just kidding.
Very pretty tat. I don't have any but have thought of one eventually. Yeah I would not know what to do.
What is your ethnic background? Maybe you can do something from there?
It really is beautiful and you have great skin! No clue as to what to get as I am a big chicken.
That is really lovely, Ahkie. It makes me happy when people put thought into what they're getting; I see so many eighteen-year-olds with big-ass ugly 'tribal' tattoos.
I am also very happy with mine, but it will be my one and only. I'm too much of a wussy to get any more.
Syren, I would go with you. *smooch*
Rose, those sound so pretty! I wish you had a digital camera, too.
Glowie, I think you know which pretend boyfriend... do the names Bo, Marty, and Jared mean anything to you? And, yeah, I really do think it will have to *mean* something for me to get it.
NOOOOOKIEEEEE!! *smooch* I actually thought of that, too... Just a little banana on the ankle or something. *grin*
Zombs, *evil eye* Well, I'm part German, part Native American, and the rest, I have no idea... and since I'm not 100% sure of what tribe of Native American, I really wouldn't know what to get.
Bob, Yeah, I agree. But for someone who's not me, either. *grin*
Thanks, jen. *smooch*
Thanks, boo. *smooch*
Coco, I always want to ask them, so from what tribe are you?
Post a Comment