Sunday, April 30, 2006

My pegasus collection

(Click on the pictures for a larger view)
These were the beginning of my collection:

My brother and SIL had sent me money for either Christmas or my birthday one year, and I decided to buy the male figure pictured here. Then, because I have to everything in a series, I kept going back until I had them all.

These two are pewter, and a lot smaller than they appear in the picture. I bought the little one at the Ren. festival last year.


These two cross collections. They are both musical, and as you can see, the one is also a waterglobe.


Then I have these. I really don't collect stuffed animals, but I couldn't resist these.

14 comments:

mm said...

Aww, your collections are lovely, Arkie. You make me want to go out and start a collection of my own!

*smooch*

Swami said...

Beautiful collections, Arkie. I love horses! But none of mine have either wings or a horn. I'm boring that way.

Glowie said...

I have an itty bitty pewter pegasus. Those little stuffed ones are so.freaking.cute.

Puffy said...

I like your pegasus collection. My friend collects carousel horses. I just remembered: I also have several music boxes, enough to be called a collection.

Zombs said...

I will not say what you expect me to say!

*sticks tongue out*

Zombs said...

I will not say what you expect me to say!

*sticks tongue out*

Monstah said...

Your collection reminds me very much of the question Carl Jung puts forth in his text "Symbols of Transformation". In it he asks: "What is the myth you are living?" I think there is Reason behind your collection of Pegasus. I think it is part of your personal myth.

(Oh. And I *heart* you very, very much.)

Schnookie said...

That's a lovely collection Arkie!

I used to collect cat items. Not that it was intentional. Peeps just kept giving me cat stuff as gifts. I now collect Swarovski crystal (cats, dogs). I also started a shot glass collection a couple of years ago. That's a fun one to do as it brings back pleasant memories of places I've been. DH & I also collect swords. We only have two large and one small one so far. One is Excalibur from King Arthur. I'd love to get a Lord of the Rings sword.

Zombs said...

*still not gonna say it!*

Sonya said...

What a cool collection. Thanks for sharing.

~Nutz said...

Oh those are so purty!

...but where are all the unicorns?

What? *grin*

arkie said...

*glares at Nutz*

Zombs said...

*jumps up and down*

I did not say it!

arkie said...

LOL @ zombs! I'm amazed you were able to hold it in, Zbaby.