My ex is an ass, and my son is growing up, and becoming a man.
I let my son have the child support checks for his allowance. My ex knows this. He has asked my son for money. I guess I should say our son, but I don't want to. The ex doesn't deserve to be called a father. Seriously, what kind of man asks his 14 year old son for money, so he can buy a damned ATV? He told arkieboy that he would buy arkieboy an ATV, but that he would need help doing it, and for arkieboy to save his allowance for it. He was able to buy an ATV for himself, and then helped a friend buy the other ATV that he was going to buy for arkieboy. He plans on trading this ATV in on a new one. Arkieboy told my mother that his dad never has money for anything when he's with him, but is able to buy all kinds of stuff when he's not. He also said that his dad wastes money, and could use this money that's he's going to spend on this ATV, and help arkieboy buy school clothes. I was so proud when my mom told me this. That arkieboy said his dad should help him with things he actually needs, not just material things. Yes, his dad buys him really nice presents for his birthday and Christmas, but that's all. He will sometimes take him to a movie or the races, but after he found out that arkieboy gets the child support checks, he had the nerve to tell arkieboy that arkieboy should pay for the tickets to that kind of stuff. I hate that I picked such a poor specimen to be my child's father, because arkieboy deserves so much better, but arkieboy is turning out just fine, in spite of having that neanderthal for an example.

13 comments:
Well, shit. I'd like to be able to tell you the depth of my disgust for a man who would ask his own son to buy him an expensive and unnecessary toy out of the money that should be used to pay for the son's current and future needs, but words fail me.
Arkieboy is clearly the more intelligent of the two. Good work, arkiemom.
What a dick. *shakes head* I'm glad that Arkieboy is turning out so well. *smooch*
He's turning out well because he has you for a mom.
I have no comment on your scum of an ex. Well, I guess that is a comment, now isn't it? :D
*smooooooch*
I don't know how old Arkieboy is, but my experience taught me that the kids figure out, finally, who is who in a divorce just as they do if there isn't a divorce.
Asking your son for money is just so wrong in my book.
Men can be soooo selfish.
What Seana said. At least you can be proud that Arkieboy is a real man.
Maybe Arkieboy could buy his dad a book on financial management with some of his allowance.
I like Bob's idea, personally.
Sorry he's such a loser Arkie, but it's good that Arkieboy can see that and realizes it's the wrong way to be. He won't be repeating the mistakes his father is making, and that is because he has you as a role model.
*smooch*
*boggle* If only I ruled the world, men like your ex would get their just desserts.
Good for arkieboy. Poor kid has had to do a lot of growing up. You're doing a terrific job with him *HUGS*
Wow, just wow. What an ass. Others have already said better than I could, but I'd love to kick dad's ass for you if you give me his address. My kids dad's are deadbeats too and Syrenboy's dad...oh dont let us get started on him.
Sometimes those with the worst fathers turn out to be the finest men, husbands and fathers. My husband is one of those.
The reason he is? My theory:
These young men have absolutely stellar mothers who unselfishly teach their boys to love and to become a man the right way. They show that young man how to treat others and to work hard and how to be a man without any help.
Plus these boys know exactly what a crappy father is.
You are a great strong woman Arkie and don't you ever forget it. Sometimes it helps to hear this...you? Are doing a fabulous job. Be proud.
You should be proud, its awesome for your son to recognize the money issues. Good job hun!
*hugs* for Arkie and Arkieboy.
*kick in the you-know-where for sperm donor*
I'm with Bob. And Seana.
And I'm terrified that this is what I'll be dealing with in a few years.
Be proud of Arkieboy...he's realizing the depths of responsibility and adulthood.
*smooch* to a good Momma.
Post a Comment