Saturday, April 01, 2006

Cross your fingers

Maybe, just maybe, Monday I will have a new car. It was going to cost $3500-$4000 to fix my car, and the body-shop guy recommended that I just get a different car, based on my miles. So today, I went looking at one of the local used car lots, and I think I've found one! Actually, the only reason I didn't drive it off the lot was because I need to find out from my insurance company, what full coverage is going to run me. It's a blue 2003 Chevy Cavalier.

This is what a '03 Cav looks like:















Except the one I'm looking at is a 2-door. And if I am able to get this car, then I have to figure out what to do with the Malibu. I'm sure there has to be some kind of "You-pull-it" junkyard around here that I could sell it to.

13 comments:

Puffy said...

Peeps might want to buy the old car just for parts. Could add up to more than it's worth if it wasn't torn apart.

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

I agree with Puffy, try selling it in the paper for parts. A running engine alone should net you at least $500-1000 so you could try selling the whole car for $1500 or more with the notation that it is driveable and would be great as a parts car or fixer upper.

I had a great time Thursday, after we figure out what's happening with T I'll have to update with the awesome picture from Joe's Crabshack *grin*

Aislinn Sirk said...

There are also several charitable organisations that will give you a tax receipt for a donated car if you don't want the hassle of selling.

I've seen signs for the Kidney foundation, and center for the blind asking for car donations.

Sonya said...

Good luck!

Silvergirl said...

Back in 2003, we donated a 1995 Dodge Neon to Goodwill and took a tax write off for the bluebook value of the car.

I hope you get the new car. It looks really cute.

kim (weltek) said...

Chris swears by Cavaliers. He drove them for years. They are cheap to fix & a zippy little guys.

Lasann said...

That is a great move Arkie. I've driven Cavalier's for years and they are, IMHO, the best car for the price. They are reliable and quite safe as I found out when my son ran my green one into a freeway wall with me in the passenger seat. I thought for sure that we were going to bite the dust. We were fine. I had a blue '02 just like that but I traded it for my truck. I miss my Cavalier.

mm said...

Oh how cute! I hope it works out Arkie! *smooch*

MiLouBry said...

Cool! Well???? Did you get the car or what????????

Jen said...

I had a Cavalier coupe before the car that I have now. I think it was a 2000. It was silver, of course. Good luck! I hope you get it!

*smooch*

~Nutz said...

Oooh! That's a cute car. Hope it works out!

HistoryDetective said...

Can I have one too?

Swami said...

I've never had a Chevy of any kind, and I know nothing about cars, so I guess I will just wave and say hi.

*waves*

"Hi!"