Friday, July 22, 2005
Doin' the happy dance!
OK, I'm shallow enough that this has made me very, very happy! A couple of months ago, we were told that we would be moving our offices to another building. We got to see the new building, and were told where each of us would be. There were 4 sets of cube-land, and only 1 was going to be taken down, and real offices, with real walls would be put in. The accounts receivable staff would be in cube-land. I? was not a happy camper, as I am part of the A/R staff, and currently have my own office. But today, my supervisor emailed the floor plan to us, and in cube-land, they are building a couple of offices in the space, and I GET ONE! YES! I WILL STILL HAVE AN OFFICE, WITH WALLS THAT GO TO THE CEILING, AND A DOOR I CAN CLOSE!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently, I have been more vocal about my displeasure at the thought of being sent back to cube-land, because two of my co-workers asked if I was happy now. One even called me a spoiled brat. But you know what? I don't care! Maybe my boss thought I would leave if I had to be in a cube. I don't know. But it doesn't matter, because I WILL HAVE AN OFFICE!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment