Clint called me yesterday, sobbing. Cara had died. I wasn't aware she was even sick. It tears my heart up when my child has to deal with things like this. We had gotten Cara about 6 months after we had moved into the house. Unfortunately, we couldn't keep her, because the neighbor's child kept pulling at our fence until there was a large gap, and Cara kept getting out. So we took her to my parents that Thanksgiving. They live out in the country, so Cara was free to roam as she pleased. These first two photos are from when we first brought her home with us. She was such a little stinker. I had bought a dog house for her, but she wouldn't stay in it. When it rained, she would get up on the deck and sit by the sliding door, looking in at us. She tore up the dog bed I bought for her. She preferred sleeping under the deck, in the dirt. She also wanted to come in the house. But she was just too hyper to keep inside.

This picture was taken down at my parents, last year.

Even though she was Clint's dog, she was my baby. She thought she was a lap dog. She also liked me to hold her in my arms when I was standing up, and she would put her nose on my neck and in my hair. Cara liked to hug, too. After Clint had moved back to Arkansas to live with my parents, I had went for a visit. I was hugging Clint (either when I first got there, or when I was leaving to come back home), and Cara raised up on her hind legs, and put her front legs around me so she could be included in the hug.
RIP, Cara. January 2002 - July 2005. I'll miss you.
1 comment:
I am so sorry about your loss. We love our four-legged babies so much, don't we?
*hugs*
Post a Comment