My doctor called with my lab results. My thyroid levels were low, indicating an underactive thyroid, which would make it difficult to lose weight. So, I will get another prescription, and weight loss should be a little easier.
Of course, now I have to come back in 8 weeks instead of 6 months. I was on a yearly check, but he said I seem to not do good if he lets me go for too long. *grin*
I have to say, I truly feel old now. I'm on 5 prescriptions now. He also suggested, but I'm not going to do it, that I get some compression hose.

7 comments:
Well, it's encouraging about the underactive thyroid meds, no? I used to hope I'd find out mine was underactive, and I'd be given some magic pill that melts the fat away, LOL.
Whoever finds that magic pill is going to be so freaking rich so freaking fast!!!
I have no doubts some really smart people are working away on a magic pill.
That's pretty promising, though, isn't it? And now you know that you're not too lazy or too stupid to lose weight, or whatever it was you told yourself in your darker moments. It was your thyroid's fault and you're going to set it straight.
Give it hell!
Well I for one am glad to see you going tot he doctor and getting everything straightened out and making appointments!(Just read entry below)
This is good news for you! You know now that it wasn't *you*.
Good Luck!
I hope this is the right combination for you. *smooch*
And I agree with Swami...the magic pill has got to be in the works. Right? :-)
*runs off to invent the "magic pill"*
I had to think about what the heck comprssion hose were. Duh! *grin*
*smooch* to arkie!
Hopefully, when the thyroid starts working the way it should (and I'm hoping for an overactive thyroid), I should also have more energy.
*smooches* to all
Post a Comment