Tuesday, August 29, 2006

From Journey's "Backyard BBQ" Tour in June

The guy in the green t-shirt? Tony Hawk (I don't remember the name of the other guy in the second pic)



















This is Shaun White, aka The Flying Tomato, aka Olympic Gold Medalist

















My son told me repeatedly what this guy's name is, but I can't remember. (What do you want from me??? I'm fucking old!)


But I do remember that this trick is the "Kiss of Death"

11 comments:

mm said...

This reminds me of the other day while shopping in Kohl's, and my son wanted to buy some Tony Hawk clothes. I was standing there, having to guess over and over again who he was.

Me: Basketball player?
DS: no, guess again.
Me: Motocross guy?
DS: no, guess again.
Me: baseball player?
DS: no, guess again.

Ugh! It went for a bit until I finally gave up. But now? I know who Tony Hawk is, so I'm very excited that you got to see him! (um, did you actually see him, or was this from TV?)

arkie said...

No, we actually got to see him. They had this exhibition in the parking lot of the Cool Springs Galleria, and it was fuckin' amazing to see this stuff.

Lasann said...

What I don't understand is how does anyone get the nerve to try these things the first time. Hell, it took me 3 years to try a back flip off the diving board. And when I did it, I landed flat on my back!

Zombs said...

I don't get these guys either. I would never try any of that!

Good pictures though!

~Nutz said...

Very cool, arkie!

arkie said...

I would never try any of those tricks, but that's because I'm a total chicken. I watch some of them, and I just think that's crazy. It's awesome to watch, though.

It was hard getting these pictures. Had to be really quick. I think the last one, the Kiss of Death, turned out the best. None of the skateboarding pics I took turned out that great.

Breezy said...

They're crazy! Holy crap!

Bravie said...

How awesome. I wish I could do that. :)

arkie said...

Carey, the board tricks or the motocross?

Glowie said...

Travis P something

Glowie said...

Pastrana! Travis Pastrana