Sunday, April 16, 2006

OK, so the consensus is Carey is funny (and funny looking). So, I will concur that Carey is funny, except for one particular remark. And I still say that was NOT funny.

Went to Arkansas this weekend to see arkieboy and my parents. *sticks tongue out* Is my tongue bloody? I was biting it all weekend. I swear. My dad is so childish sometimes. He and arkieboy are both so, so, so.... UGH! that's what they are. Neither one of them can just shut up, and let the other have the last word, and about some of the most stupid stuff. I can't very well tell my dad to STFU. So, I bite my tongue.

Arkieboy and I went to see the movie, "Take the Lead". I was quite clever in getting arkieboy to go see that one. I was going to let him choose a movie, but when we got to the cinema (at 2:35), all the movies had already started. The next showing wasn't until 6:45. We went to a bookstore, Dairy Queen and to Wal-Mart, and killed time until 6:15. When we got there, the two starting at 6:45 were Take the Lead and Scary Movie 4. I told him we could either see TTL, or go home because I didn't want to see SM4 (and really, he didn't either), and I was not waiting around for another 30 minutes to see something else. He didn't like that too much. I pointed out that when we went to see First Descent (in December, I think), I didn't want to see that movie, but I went ahead and went with his choice. He replied that I ended up liking it. Which was just the opening I needed, and so I said, "And maybe it will work out that way this time, too". What could he say to that? Nothing, that's what. *grin* And he liked the movie. I asked him afterwards what he thought, and he wouldn't answer me. If he had hated it, he would have been sure to voice that.

Friday night, I went bowling instead of heading to Arkansas after work - the league was having a free night. Afterwards, 3 of us went into the bar. Some guy bought me a drink. He was soooooooooooooooooo not my type.

18 comments:

Sonya said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. How was the movie?

Aislinn Sirk said...

Damn, you had a guy buy you a drink?

How did you pull that off?

Bob <---has never had a guy buy me a drink.

kim (weltek) said...

Did someone say Dairy Queen? *drool*

Glowie said...

But was the drink your type?

Anonymous said...

Sonya, the movie was really good.

Bob, I don't know. I didn't even make eye contact with the guy at all. My friends told me he was checking me out, but I wasn't interested.

Kim, I had one of the Dream Pie blizzards. Yummy!

Glow, yes, it was the right drink (Sex on the beach). The bartender probably wouldn't have made any othe drink for me. (I'm sort of a regular there. *sheepish grin*)

Swami said...

*lowers her voice*
*buys Bob a drink*

How you doin'?

Glowie said...

You know what's good? A Sloe Comfortable Screw. I had those last night.

arkie said...

I've never had one of those. I've had the Sloe Screw, but never with SoCo. As much as I like SoCo, I probably would love a Sloe Comfortable Screw. And I would LOVE going in the bar and asking Donnie the bartender for one. LOL

Glowie said...

My FIL makes them for me. I just say, "Can you make me a drink?" because there is no.way. I'm asking him for a Sloe Comfortable Screw. LOL.

You'd like it. Tastes like fruit punch.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Ok, I realise I kinda lied. A guy actually bought me a drink on Friday. But that was more of a mathy-bill-splitting thing, so does not count.

*flutters lashes at Swami*
*blushes*

Bravie said...

I commented here earlier. I want to know why you made it go away. Is it because you couldn't handle how funny it was? *glare*

arkie said...

Yeah, right, Carey. You probably posted the "funny" comment on someone else's blog. Ha! It was probably on your own blog!

momma said...

Glad you had a good weekend with arkieboy.

*smooch*

Lasann said...

1. Carey makes me giggle.
2. No opinion on tell Dad to STFU.
3. Isn't it exhausting sometimes getting kids to do what "we" want?
4. How do you know this guy wasn't your type? Was he verry uggly, have an eye missing, foam coming out of his mouth?

Dairy Queen puts 5lbs of weight on me each summer.

Zombs said...

I wish we had Dairy Queens near us! Only when we go away can we get it!

Do you go through Memphis to get to Arkansas? I went there once!

~Nutz said...

Sounds like a nice day you had with arkieboy!

*waits to find out the one unfunny Carey comment*

arkie said...

Thanks, momma! *smooch*

Lasann, physically, this was not the type of guy I find attractive.

Zombs, yes I go through Memphis on my way to Arkansas.

Nutz, I will not be sharing the unfunny comment, because I would have to explain why she said it, and then it falls into TMI.

Jen said...

Ahkie- I tagged you for something on my blog. :)