I went to see The Skeleton Key with doomie Wednesday night. I was a little apprehensive about this, because I was under the impression this was a scary/spooky/suspense type movie. And I don't watch scary movies, because, well, they scare me. Seriously. I mean, I can watch certain horror type movies, like werewolves and vampires, and enjoy the scare, because I don't believe in werewolves or vampires. And I don't actually "believe" in ghosts, and the supernatural, per se, but sometimes... maybe?? And serial killer type movies? Scare the living shit out of me. Because, that's reality. So anyway... I thought this movie was going to be super spooky, dealing with I don't know what. But? It was not. It was actually quite boring. We sat through the whole movie, thinking that it's going to pick up, and something is going to happen. But it never did. The only time I jumped was when there was a sound of thunder booming. You know, like when you're half asleep or something, and a loud noise startles you? Yeah, like that. That was the only startling part of the movie. This movie dealt with hoo-doo, which should have scared me, but it was done in such a lame manner, that it had no effect on me.
In other news, I signed up with Weight Watchers yesterday. Doomie has been going, and wanted me and another of her friends to go with her, so we will have our own mini-support group. I want to lose weight, I need to lose weight, and if I stick to the WW plan, I'm sure I will. But the meetings? I am so not the rah-rah type. But I will stick it out for at least 12 weeks. I will apply myself, and I will try not to roll my eyes too much during the meetings. I will clap for the others when they are celebrating a weight loss or any other accomplishment. I will not be sarcastic (at least not outloud) about the cheesiness of the whole thing. I will try to have an open mind about this, because if nothing else, doomie is concerned about me, and I owe it to my friend to try.

4 comments:
Myself and a few other bloggers have a blog site here to support eachother with weight loss issues. Would you like to be a part of it? Let me know I will send links.
You're allowed to have cheesiness at a Weight Watchers' meeting? I never would have guessed. Best of luck. It's good to have a friend to go through the program with you!
Actually, one standard-sized helping of cheeziness has about 300 calories.
Good stuff - Ben O.
http://everyothernamehasbeentaken.blogspot.com/
Woo Hoo. Good luck with WW. I did it and it was quite successful. When i stuck to it.
Post a Comment