Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Excitement & exhilaration, mixed with just a bit of fear

I'm excited and nervous! In September, my company will be flying me to Florida to conduct a Medicare training seminar with our bookkeepers from that state. Just a one day meeting, and then I'm taking a couple of vacation days, and staying in St. Pete (or somewhere close - read cheaper hotel). I have never seen the ocean (actually, I still won't be seeing the ocean... I will be on the Gulf of Mexico side of Florida). Oh well. It will still be beautiful.

I hope I don't do my normal scaredy-cat kinda behavior, and stay in my hotel the whole time. Wait. I won't do that. I am going to go out, I'm going to have fun, and it's going to be wonderful. I just wish there was some way to do this without having to go through the airport. I've only flown once before, and flying didn't bother me at all. Dealing with the airport, however, stressed me out. It's the whole "I don't know what I'm supposed to do, what line to be in, etc". I don't like getting out of my comfort zone at all. The unknown freaks me out. I'm one of those people, that if I have a list of do this, this, and this, stand here, go there, so I know exactly what I'm to do the whole time, I'm fine. My friends at work thought I was nervous about flying, but that didn't phase me at all. I love trying new things, I just want to know what I'm supposed to do.

Anyway, September 13th, I fly to Tampa, on the 14th, I conduct my meeting, and then it's fun time until Sunday morning, when I fly back.

I can't wait!!!!

9 comments:

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Yes, do go out and have fun. Believe it or not, for all the travelling I do, I do tend to end up staying in my hotel room most of the time. I'm going to Oregon this month and I'm determined I'm getting out and doing something dammit.

Have fun ok.

Steve

jenbeauty said...

Go and have a great time. We spent our vacation just south of Panama City on the Gulf Coast. It was beautiful and loads of fun. If you want me to make a list of things I can do that! Anything to help out a peep!

*smooch*

Bravie said...

You are going to do great and have a great time. And you WILL wander out of your hotel room. Even if I have to fly out there and drag you.

momma said...

You WILL leave your hotel room - you have to! Even if I have to have Carey pick me up on her way to drag you out!

Jen said...

I'm just like you, Ahkie. I hate doing new things without knowing exactly what I'm supposed to do. The comfort zone is so much better, isn't it? *grin*

*smooch*

Bravie said...

Woo Hoo, road trip with Momma to pick up Arkie.

Monstah said...

Wa-hoo! Ahkie you need a vacation. Go, enjoy and decompress! And if you screw up at the airport there is always some surly travler that will push you in the right direction! Check in, go through security, go to your gate and then get a drink. You will be just fine, I know it!

Enjoy as much as you can!

arkie said...

Sooo...
If I say I won't be leaving my hotel room, I will be visited by Carey & Momma... OK, I WILL NOT LEAVE MY ROOM.

What time can I expect you two? *grin*

Jenbeauty... any suggestions would be great. I was told I need to check out Ybor City, Sanibel Island, Bayshore Blvd, and Safety Harbor (to see the sea lions?). I will have Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday evening, and then all day Thursday - Saturday. What else should I see?

Jen... yes, the comfort zone is my friend, LOL.

*smooches to all of you*
Monsty, just imagine that I was able to change the font color, cuz it would be green if I could.

Schnookie said...

I am exactly like you Arkie. I've been so restricted all my life because I'm afraid to get outside my comfort zone. I won't drive anywhere alone cause I'm scared, travelling somewhere by plane freaks me out because I wouldn't know what to do at the airport. Etc... If in doubt, just ask someone for help. What's the worst that can happen? They say FU to your face? *smirk* Once there, please make sure to go exploring and if I hear you've stayed in your hotel room the whole time, I will personally come up to TN and WHACK you! The gulf coast is so much nicer than the ocean, IMHO. It's like paradise! Green waters, white sand beaches. *sigh* I wish I could go with you. I would, but I'm too chicken LOL! I have heard of Sanibel island. We have always gone to Pensacola and Destin FL. Next time we will try out Panama City. I'm so excited for you Arkie! Just take a deep breath, have a drink or two, and go explore. You'll be so much happier that you did. And, you will definitely be my hero. *HUGS*