Saturday, August 11, 2007

Be nice

A lot of times, I don't read the comments on other people's blogs. Unless I'm participating, it seems like eavesdropping on a conversation. Typos & misspelled words amuse me. I just read the comments on someone's blog, and there is a typo/spelling error that made me LOL. I wanted to make fun of it, but I don't want to hurt the person's feelings. It's just... the way they misspelled that word, makes it mean something completely different.

The English language is funny that way. Do other languages have the same quirks? Two words, pronounced the same, spelt differently, two completely different meanings - two words, spelt the same, pronounced differently? Or are the words not really pronounced the same, and it's just my so-called accent?

Anyway... I'm not going to say who made the comment or what it was, because I don't know if the person would take it as a joke, or take it as a snide comment. Since it's someone I really like, and wouldn't hurt for anything, I'm going to be nice.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Please don't make me go looking all over blogland for this typo. :P

arkie said...

But that's the fun part!

*kicksmooch*

Asrai said...

Oh, I always make silly typos...so if it's ever me, please call me out on it and make fun of me! I'm a big girl!!

*runs off to scan bloggy comments!*

arkie said...

OK, since I don't think anyone else is reading this...

It was one of the two people who posted comments on this post.

Bawling, not balling.