Honesty and the lies we tell:
I go on a lot about honesty and how important it is to me. I don't like for people to lie to me. However, I lie on a regular basis. You know, those polite lies we tell. If someone asks how am I, I'm not going to load them down with how crappy things are, I just say I'm fine. But that's not always the truth. Another lie I tell is when people ask me if I'm crying. I hate to cry, and I hate to cry in front of people even more. Sometimes, I'm trying to get it under control, and I CANNOT talk about what made me cry without completely losing it. So if someone asks me if I'm crying, I will look you straight in the face and say no, I'm not.
On being scared:
I was on a business trip last week in Florida. Tuesday night, there was a power outage at the hotel and surrounding area. I'm not scared of the dark, per se, but it's different being in the dark by choice instead of it being forced on you. I could hear people walking up and down the halls and I tried to call my mom's house so I could at least talk to someone, but I kept getting a busy signal.
Time to cut the hair:
My hair is too long for me. It gets in the way when I'm trying to sleep. I'm constantly having to lift it so I'm not laying on it. Then last night? God, I about freaked out. I'm laying in the bed, I have my fans blowing (yes, fans, not fan. I have two fans blowing on me). Suddenly I feel something going across my shoulder blade. I jump up and start slapping at it, because I think it's a bug. A BIG bug. It was my hair, sliding across my skin. Time for a hair cut.
Help me, help me:
OK, so a local radio station is having a tattoo contest. You upload a pic of your tat, the listener's get to vote on who has the "biggest, baddest" one, and the winner gets a $250 gift certificate from Lone Wolf Body Art. I've uploaded this pic:

The voting starts Monday. Please, please, please, go to
1059.com and vote for my tat. I don't care that mine's not the biggest, baddest one, I want that gift certificate. I'm currently #29 of 39 if you view the gallery. There are some that are really cool, that if I wasn't entering, I would vote for. Others are pretty crappy looking. Or at least, the pic they submitted is crap. So, please, please, please, help me win so I can get another tat.
What's up with this writing in Hindi option?
हस अन्योने त्रिएद थिस? <---That says Has anyone tried this?
I go get arkieboy this weekend. I'm renting a friggin cargo van to go down there and haul his stuff back up here. I'm wondering how bad it's going to be to try to drive?

23 comments:
lights out in a strange place when you're by yourself? ack. That must have been horrifying.
I'll go vote! :)
*smoooooooooch*
Yay for arkieboy coming home. Cargo vans aren't that big of a deal. I drove one from Dallas to Nashville a few years ago loaded to the gills with trade show stuff. The only thing that sucked was no rear view mirror. I'm forever checking the rear view mirror. And I had to deal with side views. Bleck.
Remind me to vote for your tat on Monday, mkay?
Blogging: I do this all the time. All the time.
Lies: I really don't see this as a "lie." If it is, I'm guilty of the same. Sometimes it's just easier to say "okay."
Being Scared: I would not have liked that. I still get scared at home if I'm alone at night. If Michael is gone out and I know he will be returning home, I'm okay. But if he's gone for a golf trip or something, I still get scared.
Hair: Mine is irritating me when I sit back because it catches between me and the chair. I know this isn't really good for your hair, but have you tried sleeping with it up? I can't sleep with it down. So I put it up in a loose holder to keep it from bothering me at night.
Tats: I will certainly vote for you!!
I know nothing about the Hindi.
I see bad lying as an intent to gain advantage by deception. Social lying is more like just putting on flattering clothes or something. And there is no law that says you have to give an honest answer to an invasive question.
I would hate to be in the dark & alone in a strange hotel! Hate it!
I need a haircut too. I am thinking of going very short which has Tom scared.
The Hindi option is pretty silly. What it did was transcribe your words, not translate them into Hindi. What you have there are the English words "has anyone tried this" transcribed into the Devanagari script, which is the script used to write Hindi and several other Indic languages. There was no translation. Where is this option? And what is it supposed to be for?
LOL at the bug on your arem being your hair. *snort*
I will vote for you. *smooch*
Yay for Arkieboy coming home.
I'll vote if you come to my blog and see my picture of my niece.
Yeah for homecoming!
I'm going to vote as soon as I finish this comment.
I don't see those things as lying. I think it's just being polite, really. I hate when I ask someone how they are and they launch into a tirade of everything wrong in their life. Mind you, I mean strangers or acquaintances. I actually *want* to hear how my friends are. *smooch*
Yay for arkieboy coming home! I'm sure it will be a big adjustment, but it will be nice to not be lonely, too.
*kicksmooch* Off to vote!
K. I'm stupid. I missed the part where you said voting starts Monday. I scrolled to your tat and was looking all over for something that said "VOTE". LOL.
I really like that guy who has stars all over his back! :D
LOL @ Jen. I went there to vote too and it took forever to figure out voting didn't start 'til Monday. I thought I was going to have to register with the site!
heh.
glad I'm not the only one looking all over the place for the "vote" button.
*sits with those who kept looking for the 'vote' button*
scary no light is enough to reduce me to a quivering, blubbering fool. i carry a small flashlight in my suitcase for this very reason.
i'll vote for your tat. when i go to get mine for the big 40--or 39, not sure, will you go there with me?
Momma, the no rear-view mirror might be dangerous with me doing the driving. Hopefully I won't have to do any backing out if we stop anywhere on the way home.
Bravie, it's not funny that I thought a bug was crawling on me. *shudders*
Everyone, please just remember to go back on Monday to actually vote. Jen? Make sure you vote for my tat, not the stars tat. *stern glare* But that is a cool one.
Kimmah, sure I'll go with you.
I would have been terrified being in a hotel with the lights out.
I love your tattoo. I'll vote for you on Monday.
It's Monday. I still don't see how to vote. Am I missing something? Do we have to register with the site?
*confused*
I was just coming here to say what Jen said.
I don't know, Jen & MM. I went to the site, I see where it says vote now, I open the gallery, I go through all the entries (I'm #87), and at the last screen, it says click on the link on the right to vote, but there's no link!
Alrighty. I've got it figured out now. :)
The link in your original post isn't the right one anymore. Instead, go here to view the tattoos (114 of them!)
Or, just click here to go directly to the vote page. Arkie is entry #86. (You're on page 87, but it says you're entry 86.)
I used my junk email addy. It says you can only vote once per email. Once per day? I'll check tomorrow.
*kicksmooch*
Thanks Jen! I voted...I'll check back again tomorrow to see if I can vote again.
I voted about 11 times thanks to my many email addys. I also used the girls emails and Karen's too. They'll verify their votes when they get online.
Thanks Jen for the current links.
Thank you so much, Asrai! *smooch*
I voted.
Did you page #9? LOL. The guy submits a pic of his face. You can barely see his tat on his chest.
Page #37 has the twin towers on fire on his back. Whoa!
Some of the tats are pretty nice but some are so lame.
Check page #58. *shudder*
Hairy peeps should not get tats LOL. (example page #106). I always laugh at the ones on Miami Ink that have women's face tattooed onto their arms and when their hair grows back in, the woman's face becomes hairy.
Are you sure page 113 isn't yours Arkie? *gigglesnort*
Still love your tat Arkie. It's so pretty.
Ha, ha, Nookie. No, that is *not* my tattoo on 113.
Post a Comment