Saturday, October 21, 2006

It's another stupid moment with Arkie

I locked myself out of the house this morning.

7 comments:

Bravie said...

Maybe this will make you feel better.
I once locked my keys in the car. Went to lunch, sat around and talked with my fellow lunchers. Went out to the car and realized the keys were in the ignition still. Worse yet, realized the car was still running. I left the keys in the ignition with the car running for over an hour. Ooops.

Seana said...

LOL @ Carey and Arkie.

My turn:

OK, so years ago, DH and I lived in a townhouse complex. One day, I took the dog for her morning walk. I locked us out of the house. I had to knock on the neighbours' door to ask if I could use their phone to call work and tell them I would be late because I was stupid. They suggested I grab the super's extension ladder and climb through the second-floor window. So that's what I did. I climbed up the ladder and ended up with my butt sticking out the window (because it wasn't that big a window) and I had to wiggle my way through.

kim (weltek) said...

Apparently you got back in!

I hate that frantic "oh fuck" feeling.

mm said...

Poor Arkie! I just actually did this myself, about a week ago. I had to climb in thru DD's window.

Hope the rest of the week goes better for you!

*smooch*

arkie said...

I had to go to a neighbor's house to borrow their phone and call a locksmith.

The good news is my lock is not an easy one to pick.

Puffy said...

At least you didn't leave the water running.

momma said...

Let's see...I've locked my keys in the car several times, although not with it running. I've locked myself out of the house multiple times. I've jimmied two windows, one of which has never been fixed three years later. I've learned to open the front door bottom lock with either a screwdriver and a credit card or a putty knife.

Now, we have a key stuck to the bottom of the bbq grill.