Wednesday, March 01, 2006

3/1/06

The city baseball club has started their spring practices. One of the baseball parks is in front of my subdivision. It really makes me miss arkieboy when I drive by it in the evenings on my way home from work, and see the kids out there playing. Arkieboy loved playing baseball, and played for 4 years before he moved back to Arkansas. He wasn't a star player, but oh! the passion he had for baseball. I don't know what happened to change that. It's as if he just woke up one morning, and wasn't interested any more. But it just seems strange not to be taking him to practice, and to the games. It's strange how certain things become so linked with your memories, when others don't. Walking past his bedroom each day doesn't affect me nearly as much as driving past the baseball fields.

12 comments:

mm said...

Aww, I'm sorry Arkie!

{{hugs}}

(someday, those memories will bring smiles)

~Nutz said...

Oh, sweetie... {{{hugs}}}

I know it must be hard at times.

Schnookie said...

*BIG HUGS*

momma said...

*hugs*

Thanks for the reminder, though. I need to get Rotten1 signed up for this spring.

Syren said...

{{{hugs}}}

mtw said...

*smooches*

yvonne said...

*big hugs*

Bravie said...

*samoooooooch*

Syren said...

I just wanted to drop in and say thank you.

You totally made my day this morning.

*smooches*

Jen said...

*hugs* Ahkie.

Monstah said...

I wish I could hug you for real.

volsfan said...

{{{HUGS}}} to Arkie.