Friday, November 04, 2005

Let me grab a few of these thoughts

The other day, I was looking at some accounts for one of our facilities, and noticed a couple of the last names. OK, there are people with the last name of Black, Brown, White, Gray, Green... why don't you ever meet someone whose last name is Purple? or Yellow? Or Orange?
Does any one else ever wonder about weird stuff like that? BTW, I think I may just change my last name to Fuschia. *grin*

**************
My anti-socialness or my need for solitude (as I prefer to call it) came rushing to the front today at work. There's this one bookkeeper at one of our facilities in Arkansas that I always have a fun time with in our phone conversations. And we send a lot of snarky emails back and forth, and it's all just fun. She is transferring up here to the corporate office. She and her husband are renting a house in my sub-division. She will be living just a couple of blocks from me. She called me today, wanting to know my house number. She & hubby will be moving some stuff up this weekend, and said if hubby got on her nerves or she just needed a break, she might just come to visit. Here's the thing... I don't do "unexpected guests". For one thing, I don't always have the house clean. And if I'm having company, I want the house CLEAN. Seriously, if people just drop by, and my house is not 'company-ready', I won't let them in. I will step out on my porch and talk to them, but they are not coming in. I don't care if it's freezing outside. Plus, the weekends are my time to just chill out... Some weekends, I don't even get dressed. I don't step outside for even a minute. And for someone to say they "MIGHT" just drop by... EEEKKKK!

****************
Yay!!! When I stopped by the grocery store this evening on my way home from work (needed light bulbs and batteries), I went down the aisle for books & magazines. I will sometimes buy a book there (normally go to Barnes & Nobles so I can use my discount card). I see that the latest Katie MacAlister book, Blow Me Down, was out. Yay! I pick it up. Then I see that Lynsay Sands has a new one out. Then I see another one I want. So I put all the books down, go pay for my other items, and head back to Barnes & Nobles. I pick up the 2 I've already mentioned, plus one by Eileen Wilks. And yes, these are all *those* brain-rotting books.
Then I was so ill-mannered when I checked out... The male clerk (and before anyone gets excited on my behalf, he was young and rather dweebie) says they have a new policy - anyone who buys a book has to turn in a 10 page report. I laugh, say OK, yeah right... then point to the book on top, say "lots of sex", point to the next one, "lots of sex", point to the last one, "lots of sex", "Oh, and they all fall in love. There, that's my report." As I walked out, I thought, man, that was rather crude of me.

**************
I have a sticker I need to take to work.

"As you are standing here talking
to me, I want you to
understand that I will be making
fun of you as soon as you leave."


**************
In keeping that we are all DAWS... *points to links* I would like to call your attention to the link titled Arkie's writings. I know it's not Shakespeare or Frost or e.e.cummings, by no means, but I'm quite proud of some of it. Please note I said SOME of it. Others are so horrible, I should delete them, but I can't bring myself to do it. So, if you ever are just extremely bored, and need something to read for a few minutes, check it out.

10 comments:

Chrissy (woe) said...

You are just so adorable (((((Arkie)))))

Crude? I think not, sounds right to me, lots of sex and love, same kinda reading materials I keep on my bedside table (next to the batteries ;D). Speaking of which, I got a call today for a job at a toy store (I put in an app a long time ago) so I plan on doing that a few hours a week. Need any new toys? I plan on getting a new BOB, lol.

As for company and messy houses, if they are coming to see YOU, the condition of the house is irrelevant. If, however, they are coming to see the house, I guess it would be. Just sayin....

*smooch*

mm said...

First of all, Ms. Fuschia, I have read much of your writings and love them. They are very good and very honest, which makes them even better.

As for the unexpected guest thing, I'm right there with you. I would never show up uninvited to someone's house and when they come to mine, I don't answer the door.

Yay! on the book purchases. And good for you on your snarky response to the guy.

~Nutz said...

Ms. Fuschia? The reason people don't have names like that is simple. It sounds like a madam or a hooker or a Vegas dancer! *wink*

I'm soooo with you on the unexpected company! Pfffft! The nerve of some peeps!

*snort* at your 10 page report!


I will read your writings when I have some time, I promise! If it takes me awhile, it's not that I don't care (because I *heart* you muchly), it's just that I'm very busy. *smooch*

Jen said...

I'm with ya on the unexpected guests. If someome said the "might" drop by my house, I would be cleaning and watching my surviellance (sp) channel all weekend! (I live in an apartment where you have to buzz people in, and there is a camera over the door so you can see who is ringing you that I can watch on my tv.) And if they didn't show up, I'd be pissed for them ruining my weekend!! I also usually stay in my jammies and never leave the house on the weekends. *grin*

*smooch*

Bravie said...

Romance novels rot your brain!!!

arkie said...

Chrissy - I'm not going to go in to just how messy my house can be at times, but let's just say, it's bad sometimes. And you're right, if they're coming to visit me, the condition of the house shouldn't matter. But it's more of my hang-up than anything else.

Thank you, MM.

Nutz? Ms. Fuschia is sooooo not a hooker name.

*smooches* Jen I am so glad to know I'm not the only one who totally vegs out like that sometimes.

*smooches* Tishy

Who knew that Carey & Skiver were the same? *grin* BTW, how far have you gotten in that book I sent you?

Seana said...

Greetings, Ms. Fuschia. My house used to be in a more-or-less constant state of C.H.A.O.S. (as defined by The FLY Lady - link on my blog): Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome. Now that I'm home, I try to keep things tidy.

Before we had kids, a friend of DH's would show up at our place on Monday nights at around 5:15 or so. You know, just when we're getting home from work, round about when I'd be making dinner? Fed him for months.

I'm going to go back and to that thread and get some recommendations. I'd like to read a book with lots of sex. Also, my brain is feeling a bit too healthy lately. A bit of rot will do me good.

arkie said...

Seana, I would so recommend Katie MacAlister. She has so much humor in her stories. She does contemporary and paranormal. The Corset Diaries takes place on the set of a reality show. Blow Me Down deals with Virtual Reality games. A Hard Day's Knight is set in a Renaissance Fair. Then in the paranormal books, she has her vampire series, and she has another series that I don't even know what to call it. The main heroine, Aisling Grey, is a Guardian, and her love interest is a Dragon. FTR, he is in human form, though. She is fast becoming my favorite author. I think she has a couple of regency romances, but I haven't read those yet.

Seana said...

Thanks arkie! A quick search of our library catalogue reveals that the branch I go to with DS on Tuesdays has a little stock of these, so I won't even have to order one!

Schnookie said...

LOL Ms. Fuschia. I asked DH about that. At first he thought it might be names of the colors of people's skin but realized that Green would be out of place. Unless we counted Monsty *giggle*

I am exactly like you. Don't come knocking unexpectedly. I won't be answering the door. I'm always just in my jammies whenever possible.

I thought your report on your books was pretty damn funny :-)

Already read and posted in your other blog. There's some powerful writing there. Good stuff!