LMAO! The kids saw a goat being milked on TV the other day and that was more than they could handle. The thought of goat milk or goat cheese would throw them over the edge, I'm sure.
MM, I always thought I wouldn't like it, but then I thought maybe I should give it a chance. There will be no second chances.
Boo, it was in a salad. I went to a new restaurant that opened up near the office (okay, it's not really near the office - there are a lot of places much closer) called Tossed. www.tossed.com, if you want to check them out. Anyway, I ordered the "Tossed Signature Salad" - Baby field greens, fresh roasted chicken, goat cheese, toasted almonds, mango, jicama, cucumber and dried cranberries w/Tossed Vinaigrette. The goat cheese was touching EVERYTHING, because I tried to eat around it and it was impossible.
I had a salad from one of those salad places one time (maybe it was Cosi), and I loved it. But it had gorgonzola, rather than goat cheese. I think you probably have to be a real cheese head to be a goat cheese liker.
I've had goat cheese I loved and some I hated. I haven't yet figured out what the differences are in the kinds I like and the kinds I do.
FWIW, fried rounds of goat cheese are yummy in a salad. :-)
Feta can be made from goat or sheep's milk, but not the same thing as straight goat cheese. Goat sheese is generally in a big spreadable clump, or it can be sliced into rounds.
I learned we don't have any good salad restaurants here. I would like to visit Tossed and that one Bravie talked about before.
Arkay! I had a dream and it was all about you! I dreamt we met and you were kind of disappointed in how I looked. You said you thought I was going to be hot. LOL. But then we went out for pizza.
24 comments:
*snort*
I could have told you that! :)
I learned that I love Peanut Butter M&Ms waaayyyyyy too much. And I know who to blame.
*points up*
How was the goat cheese served?
LMAO! The kids saw a goat being milked on TV the other day and that was more than they could handle. The thought of goat milk or goat cheese would throw them over the edge, I'm sure.
MM, I always thought I wouldn't like it, but then I thought maybe I should give it a chance. There will be no second chances.
Boo, it was in a salad. I went to a new restaurant that opened up near the office (okay, it's not really near the office - there are a lot of places much closer) called Tossed. www.tossed.com, if you want to check them out. Anyway, I ordered the "Tossed Signature Salad" - Baby field greens, fresh roasted chicken, goat cheese, toasted almonds, mango, jicama, cucumber and dried cranberries w/Tossed Vinaigrette. The goat cheese was touching EVERYTHING, because I tried to eat around it and it was impossible.
Arkie, I want to say that I've had goat cheese before in a salad, and it didn't bother me. Perhaps it was the dressing that helped.
Sorry Arkie.
I had a salad from one of those salad places one time (maybe it was Cosi), and I loved it. But it had gorgonzola, rather than goat cheese. I think you probably have to be a real cheese head to be a goat cheese liker.
Learning is always good. :)
I have a very stupid question. I'm going to email you.
*smoooooooooch*
Is that different from feta? Because I love feta, especially in a Greek salad.
But let's face it, it smells like sweat socks.
Seana: Feta is also very good on spaghetti.
mmm...feta.
Bigfoot cheese is pretty bad too.
mmm...feta.
Bigfoot cheese is pretty bad too.
Arkie, your salad sounds delicious. You should have just sent it to me! I found out last year that I like goat cheese. Especially in salads.
At my age it is easier to forget one old thing every day than to learn one new thing.
I've had goat cheese I loved and some I hated. I haven't yet figured out what the differences are in the kinds I like and the kinds I do.
FWIW, fried rounds of goat cheese are yummy in a salad. :-)
Feta can be made from goat or sheep's milk, but not the same thing as straight goat cheese. Goat sheese is generally in a big spreadable clump, or it can be sliced into rounds.
I learned we don't have any good salad restaurants here. I would like to visit Tossed and that one Bravie talked about before.
*googles "tossed salad"*
Oh girl, I am with ya on that one. Goat chesse gags me. *gag*
oh lordy, Zombs. *waits to see what Google says about tossed salad* <--no way am I googling tossed salad. I get enough weird spam as it is.
*icky face*
I love goat cheese. Ever since I read Heidi as a little girl and demanded that I drink goat milk and only eat goat cheese, I have loved it.
I make a bruschetta-type of thing with goat cheese and marinated peppers on oiled french bread, then broiled lightly. It's yummy!
I like goat cheese too, but I like feta more.
*goes to puffy's house for appetizers*
Airfare should be cheap out there right now, yes?
*puts fresh linens on bed and sets table for Kim*
Arkay! I had a dream and it was all about you! I dreamt we met and you were kind of disappointed in how I looked. You said you thought I was going to be hot. LOL. But then we went out for pizza.
Zombs! That sounds more like a nightmare if you were dreaming about me! LOL. I would never be disappointed if I ever got to meet you.
Post a Comment