Saturday, December 10, 2005

update

The car didn't pan out. When my parents went to look again, they found that the horn didn't work and the front seat belts had been removed. Also, my mom noticed that the bolts and metal where the seat is fastened to the floorboard had a few rust spots. The carpet looked very very clean (like it had been replaced) but the seats had a lot of cigarette burns in it. There was a spot on the ground underneath the car that made my dad think it might have an oil leak. The engine was extremely clean, though. There were a few other things, so they decided that it would probably not be a good idea to get that car. My dad wanted to know if I wanted to borrow money to get my car fixed. *shakes head* I just can't see putting any more money into this car. I have had the exhaust thingy worked on (I think) about 10 or 11 times since I've had the car. I don't understand why one thing keeps messing up like that, but it's just time to move on.

5 comments:

Aislinn Sirk said...

Someday, I will own a car that does not completely die by the time I am done with it.

Someday.

Bob <---- currently carless

mm said...

Sorry about the car. That is a bummer. If they were willing to do it for that car, do you think maybe if another (better) car comes up, they will be willing again?

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find something, soon.

{{hugs}}

~Nutz said...

Wow! Good thing you didn't get that car. It sounds like a total piece of junk.

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Awww..sorry to hear about the car Arkie, I'd be more than happy to look at some here in GA for you. You can find a very decent car for the money your parents were willing to spend. Just take your time.

Schnookie said...

Awwwwwww that sucks. We keep pouring money into our older car but it's at the point where it's costing more to fix it than the car is worth.