Monday, November 14, 2005

Onions are bad

So, I had to go get arkieboy this weekend to bring him up here for an appointment to get the evaluation that the court ordered. So, I drive down to Arkansas Saturday (after going to my Weight-Watchers meeting - lost another 3 pounds, which brings me to a loss of 12.4 in twelve weeks, and 53 pounds since last year when the doctor told me I really needed to lose or risk full-blown diabetes and all the joys that come with that - and then to work for an hour, because after all, I am the only one who knows how to do my job, and a task had to be done and couldn't wait until I get back on Thursday), spend the night at my parents, and drive back Sunday with arkieboy. (I was in a hurry to get back home, so I didn't shower Sunday morning before heading out - which means I didn't wash my hair either, so not only was I not shower fresh, my hair looked bad.) We had went through the drive-through at a McDonald's, and I got the Big'N'Tasty, which comes with loaded with onions. So, after consuming that, I had major onion breath. Well, when I get to Fairview (about 30 miles from home) I pull off to get gas (it's cheaper there than it is in Franklin). After pumping my gas, I go in to get the free coffee that they give when you buy gas. I'm waiting in line, there's a cute guy waiting behind me. Arkieboy walks up and stands by me for a few minutes (and is wearing a shirt that has the name of the town he's living in, on it). After he walks off, cute guy asks if that's in Arkansas. I say yes, he talks to me for a minute. But I still have onion breath. Cuz you know, when you can smell your own breath, you KNOW it is bad! So, there I am, unclean, wearing slobby clothes (hell, I was just going to be driving!) hair needing a shampoo (I HAVE to wash my hair everyday or it looks bad), and possessing dragon-breath. No wonder I don't get asked out. *shrugs*

One of these days, I'm going to finally clue in to the fact that I need to take more care with my appearance, etc, all the time!

19 comments:

~Nutz said...

{{{hugs}}} arkie.

Congrats on the weight loss!

...and any cute boy who's worth a damn would love you regardless of your hair and your breath!

*smooch*

Schnookie said...

It's Murphy's Law.

Congrats on the weight loss! You're doing great Arkie *HUGS*

mm said...

Awesome weight loss Arkie! Good job. And Nutz is right about the guy. Unfortunately, so is nookie.

HistoryDetective said...

I'm just proud of you for the weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Glowie said...

I think for the most part, people understand that onions can give you temporary bad breath. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Good job on the weight loss!

Syren said...

Yea!!! Arkie.

I agree with Nutz up there. When they are worth it, onion breath never matters.

arkie said...

Thanks, guys! I just have around 130 more pounds to lose. Ack! I think I will just worry about losing 20-30 pounds at a time. Doesn't seem nearly as undo-able that way.

As far as the onion breath thing goes, yeah, it happens, but let's face it - that does NOT make for a very good first impression. *grin*

Bravie said...

Pew. You're smelly. *grin*

Bravie said...

Oh, and congrats on the weight loss. *smooch*

Seana said...

Meh. There will be other lines and other cute guys.

You are absolutely right to break your weight loss into manageable chunks. Damn healthy attitude. Good for you for that and for losing those pounds that you've already lost.

lights said...

Congrats on the weight loss arkie! Keep up the great work.

Murphy's Law sucks, doesn't it?

Zombs said...

That reminds me of that commercial where the onion is hiding from the mint. HA! I laugh at that.

I'm sorry I can't remember much more than that. NiQuil kicking in!!!!!!!!!!

Arkie you are doing superb with losing weight! That is amazing. You are truly an inspiration!

*leaves pickle on unicorn*

arkie said...

LMAO, zombs! Arkieboy is wanting to know what I'm laughing at. I wouldn't even know how to begin explaining the whole unicorn thing.

ROFLMAO

Jen said...

*plugs nose*

Congrats Arkie! I'm proud of you! Keep it up, you're doing fantastic!

I'd smooch you, but um, yeah.

momma said...

LOL Couldn't have been that bad if he started and continued to talk to you! *grin*

Congrats on the weight loss!

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

I agree with momma. Congrats on the weight loss, you're doing great.

volsfan said...

Conga rats on the weight loss! Cute boy doesn't always mean good husband material.

arkie said...

*squeals* Doc made it to my blog! Yay!

*smooches* all y'all

Anonymous said...

You smell and look great to me and that's what counts, doesn't it?