I learned today that a co-worker of mine has had a very sad life, and has missed out on one of the greatest joys a person can ever experience. Yes, Ms. B. has never had the ultimate pleasure that a person can only achieve when they eat a fried pie. The living section of the local newspaper had a feature on fried pies today. Upon seeing this article, I exclaimed, "Oh, YUM! That sounds so good." At which point, Ms. B inquired were fried pies good? I was shocked. "You've never had a fried pie?" Her reply was no. I was simply aghast! How could someone grow up in the south, and never have a fried pie? What other things was she deprived of while growing up?
This news saddened me so, and I felt compelled to share this tragedy with two of my co-workers. And then I learned something even more shocking. Ms. D. thought that those nasty things you can purchase at McD's were fried pies. Can you imagine that? To confuse the delectable home-made fried pie with that dry food-type item? I never realized until today how lucky and blessed I was as a child.
Don't it just make you want to cry?

3 comments:
That. Is just blasphemy. Fried Pies were a staple growing up around my grandmother. McD's is so not the route to go when wanting to enjoy a delicious homemade fried pie.
-Syren
I have been deprived myself ;-( But then I didn't grow up in the south either and didn't know I was deprived until now ;-) I also wonder what other things I have been deprived of now that you've mentioned it, lol.
*hugs* Chris
I feel the same way when I hear about peeps in Quebec who haven't had poutine. Sad indeed. :P
Nookie
Post a Comment