Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Confession

I must confess... I'm jealous. *sigh* I read the blogs of some of the other people, and they are so creative and entertaining. I wish I could be a writer - verse or short stories. I'm just not creative enough. I try sometimes, and it just seems so stilted and forced. Plus, usually, I can find where someone else has said what I wanted to say, and said it so much better than I ever could.

And people who can write full-blown novels? How do they come up with all of that? To be able to create something from nothing... I am in awe of people with talent like that.

I wish I had *some* type of creative talent. I am always amazed at things people do as crafts, or the artistic endeavors.

I've been told that everyone has *some* type of talent. I'm 38 yrs old, and still trying to figure out where my talents lie. I dunno... is being a good listener a talent? I am also good at empathizing, and can usually see both sides of a conflict.

Well, there's a reason I named my blog "Ramblings"... I cannot keep a coherent thought as I try to write. :) Guess that's enough rambling for one setting...

3 comments:

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Dont feel bad Arkie, I'm the same way. I read some of the profound things I read and wish I had the prose to write them myself.

*cstl*

Chrissy (woe) said...

Apparently you haven't been reading mine cuz I ain't that creative, entertaining or profound, though I do have moments when I slay myself.

I enjoy your blog, and the closeness I feel to you when I read it, now THAT is a talent ;-)

Anonymous said...

I've said the very same things about myself, and I don't even have a blog LOL. If I ever did put a blog up, you'd quickly see how much more entertaining you are than I.

And, don't ya just hate those creative peeps? I mean hate in a good sense LOL. I've tried so many things to try to be creative and they always end up looking like a two year old made them. *sigh*

I always enjoy reading your blog Arkie. I also love that you often are able to find something positive to say. That's a very special talent. *smooch*

Nookie