So, I just got home from one of the coolest things evah!!!! Sherrilyn Kenyon, who is one of my all-time favorite authors held a launch party for her latest release, Acheron, at The Parthenon in Nashville. She was signing all the books that had been pre-ordered or purchased at the launch, and after waiting for almost 4 hours for my turn, I stepped up to the table. She shook my hand and thanked me for coming. I started to say "nice to meet you" when she stopped me to ask hadn't we already met. Which we actually had. About 3 years ago! How freaking cool that she remembered meeting me after 3 years ago. (She had done a Q&A at the local Barnes & Noble for aspiring authors, and it was also open to anyone who wanted to listen. Being a fan, I went to it.) You just don't expect someone who has to meet so many people all the time to remember everyone, ya know? So, while I was a fan before this, now I'm a super-fan!
I'll probably edit this tomorrow evening to add the picture I had taken with her.
Bravie - tell Michelle I got 3 pieces of flair!
Edited to add pic: (ignore the fat cow in the pic, and just gaze at the awesomeness that is Sherrilyn Kenyon)

14 comments:
That is super cool Arkie. Yay for you. I have never attended a book signing. I guess I would if Lisa McMann came here. *grin* Or if Patricia Cornwell did another, but I think Richmond is beneath her now.
OOoh, you are a memorable fan girl! I think you and Glow can now hang out. :-)
I'll have to think of who I might actually go to a book signing for. Wheezy, of course, but not sure who else would motivate me.
You know that I'm sincerely jealous don't you?! I'm just doing a happy dance she finally did Acheron!
*smooch
Tummy, have you gotten your copy yet? I just started reading it yesterday, and am determined to take my time and not rush through it. *I say this after I already flipped to the back to see who was the lucky girl to end up with Ash* Anyway, I've only read about 80-90 pages so far, and have already teared up once. Sherrilyn warns in the introduction that the first half of the book is going to be brutal, and she ain't lying. Wow.
No, I haven't gotten it. I didn't even realize it was out until I came here!
*smack on skipping to the back you bad girl
I'm not going to hate it, am I?! Waaaa!
Is this the last of this series?
I went to a Davy Jones book signing of his autobiography back 1987 I think.
Is this the lady who writes wolf porn?
No, Tummy, you won't hate it. And this is not the end of the dark hunters series. The next book starts a new arc, though. But Sherrilyn says that the dark-hunters and Ash will still have their place in this universe and will still appear in the new arc. Or something to that effect.
No, zombie, this is NOT the woman who writes wolf porn. That is Kate Douglas. I would be too scared to go to a launch party for one of her books.
What a fantastic experience! She remembered you? Cool!
YAY!!!!! So glad that you had such a great time and thrilled that she remembered meeting you. That is fucking awesome. *smooch* I'm so happy for you.
3 pieces of flair? From her? Because she seems to spend much time flinging things with you and attacking your werewolves and only bitchslapping me. LOL
No, I got real flair at the launch party! *laughs at self for being such a geek*
I saw no fat cow in that pic, only two beauties! *smack
Can't wait to get my hands on the book now!
Are those tats or makeup?
*smooch
It's makeup.
Yay for meeting a favorite author again - and having her REMEMBER you!!! That is freaking awesome! The only authors I have ever wanted to see were surrounded by lines so long I didn't even try. Hint: one was Stephen King, back when he used to do that sort of thing.
Now I'm off to Google "Kate Douglas wolf porn", lol. Who knew there was wolf porn?
*sees no fat cow, just two attractive ladies*
Post a Comment