Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Resume

I still haven't sent my resume to that guy for the outside consulting job. I feel like it will really be a waste of time. Ooooh! I have an Associate's degree! That will be sure to impress him. The advice I was given at OT was good, if I actually had any experience with that kind of thing to put on a resume.

My job history:
1984 - 1986 - I worked at a nursing home for around 16 months. I worked as a dietary aide, which involved serving trays and bussing the tables in the dining room, washing dishes, and doing inventory. I also worked as a housekeeper (buffing the floors) and as a laundry aide.

Summer of 1986 - I worked in a factory, assembling auto parts.

1986 - 1987 - Work study program through college. I worked for the art professor, and my duties included going through calendars and catalogs and cutting out pictures to paste to cardboard, filing, some typing, and at the end of the year, cleaning the frikkin' machine that he used to mix up the clay for ceramics. (I don't remember the actual name of the machine, but I do remember I got it cleaner than it had been since it was new. He told me to clean it. I didn't know that meant just get most of the clay out.)
Also worked as a telephone surveyor during this time for a private individual on a job to job basis.

1987 - 1989 Nurses' aide at nursing home. Des Arc
1989 - 1992 Medical records clerk at nursing home. Des Arc
1992 - 1993 Bookkeeper at nursing home. Obtained my Nursing Home Administrator's License during this time. Filled in for a month at one facility as administrator. Des Arc
1994 - Bookkeeper at another nursing home for 9 months. Ash Flat
1994 - 1996 Accounts Receivable Clerk in regional office. Posted all cash receipts, census changes, admissions for 13 facilities and helped audit accounts until company decentralized the A/R and my job was eliminated.
1997 - Receptionist at nursing home. (During 1996 and part of 1997, I allowed the company to use my license while their choice of administrator actually ran the nursing home, but was still trying to get his license.) Des Arc
1997 - 1999 Bookkeeper at another nursing home. Decreased outstanding 120+ accounts by over $160,000 in 17 months. Sheridan
1999 - 2002 Accounts receivable support specialist, corporate office.
2002 - present Medicare Billing Manager, corporate office. Responsible for overseeing collection of $4-5 million dollars each month.

Alright. So how do I make that *points up* marketable to convince this guy he should use me to train people on Medicare billing?

1 comment:

Bravie said...

I wish I could help, hon. Hopefully someone at the other place will be able to help you. *smooch*