Wednesday, June 20, 2007

*panic attack*

OK, after reading the advice given at OT, I prepared this:

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Highly organized and detail-focused Medicare Billing Manager with extensive knowledge of Medicare regulations and billing requirements.

________________________________________
EDUCATION
Associate’s Degree in Business Management, 1987
Arkansas State University – Beebe Branch – Beebe, Arkansas
________________________________________
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Company name – Brentwood, Tennessee 2002 - Present
Medicare Billing Manager
Oversee submission of all Medicare claims for 42 facilities, and follow up with collection efforts with facility bookkeepers, assisting with any rejected or returned claims. Transmit all facilities’ batches electronically. Obtain required information for quarterly credit balance reports, and prepare Excel spreadsheets. Assist with training of newly hired bookkeepers.
Key Contributions:
 Increased collection of Medicare monies each month on first turnaround by 5%.

Company Name – Brentwood, Tennessee 1999 - 2002
Accounts Receivable Support Specialist
Provided telephone support to over 40 facility bookkeepers. Maintained data base by updating rate information as required.

Company Name – Sheridan, Arkansas 1997 - 1999
Bookkeeper
Responsible for billing and collection of Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare crossover, and private monies. Posted all cash receipts, resident information, and census/status changes. Responsible for maintaining resident trust fund, including reconciling bank statement monthly.
Key Contributions:
 Reduced outstanding account receivables by over $160,000 in 17 months.

I emailed it, and I just got off the phone with the guy. We meet tomorrow to go over the details. God, I'm so nervous. What am I doing? Can I do this? I mean, I know I could handle the aspects of training someone. I KNOW Medicare. I have no doubt about that. But I have to meet someone? And convince them I know what I'm doing? And not totally screw this up? Gah!

14 comments:

Bravie said...

Why the panic? That looks all professional and shit.

arkie said...

Duh! I'm a chicken shit. How have you known me all this time, and not known that?

Swami said...

Looks good to me, Arkie. I'll hire you!

momma said...

You can do this! You are smart, you know your shit....what is there to worry about? Not.a.damn.thing.

Puffy said...

Well, I'm impressed!

Kimmah said...

good luck! you can treat me to a celebratory lunch when you get this job!! yay!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the others.

It's probably just the inital nervousness and dread. Once you get in there, you will knock his socks off.

kim (weltek) said...

That's good stuff.

Silvergirl said...

Don't worry, be happy. I'm sure you'll get the job.

mtw said...

So, how did it go, Arkie?

arkie said...

I? am an independent contractor now. I just need to send him a list of what jobs I would be able to do, and he will start looking for clients. :D

Swami said...

Yay Arkie!

~Nutz said...

You will do just fine. Have confidence in yourself. It will show!

Oh! I just read your update... CONGRATS!!!

Lasann said...

Great resume. That self-doubt keeps me from doing so much. I'm proud that you overcame it and had such a success!