Saturday, May 05, 2007

There's a reason why

I don't get manicures. After eating at Chili's, I decide to treat myself and get a manicure and pedicure. I must say, it's quite nice having a man rub my feet. Anyway, after getting all pampered, and sitting with my hands and feet under the UV light and fan to get the polish set, I drive home. I'm being oh-so-careful. I pull into my drive, put the car in park, and go to turn off the ignition. That's when it happened.



I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but as I was taking the key out of the ignition, the chain on my key chain scraped across my nail, and messed up the polish. I am so pissed. It's shit like this that makes me feel almost inadequate as a woman. Women all over the place get manicures, and their nails look nice, and I can't even make 10 minutes before I fuck it up.

15 comments:

Jen said...

On the rare occasion that I paint my nails, I do stuff like that too. It seems I always have to go to the bathroom while my nails are still wet. LOL.

I've never had a pedicure. Feet are gross. *shudder*

arkie said...

Yeah, I agree but I'd rather have someone touch my feet than have to touch someone else's feet. Ick. *shudder*

Jen said...

I was removing my toenail polish last night, and it was like the most stubborn polish I've ever seen in my life. I was scrubbing and scrubbing and it wouldn't come off! Today my fingertips are all dried out and nasty because of the nail polish remover.

Yeah, I'm not sure why I shared that either. :)

arkie said...

Maybe you need a stronger nail polish remover?

Jen said...

Hmm. Good point. I think I usually buy generic crap. I don't use it that often. I only paint my toenails in the summer and I hardly ever paint my fingernails.

MM said...

*sits and watches as Jen keeps oversharing*
*giggle*

Arkie, go back and they'll fix it for free, I think. PITA, yes, but people do it all the time.

yvonne said...

I only paint my toenails because if you screw it up it's harder for people to see.

My fingernails are short, and I can never keep my cuticles looking nice. I am not much of a girly girl when it comes to fingernails.

*sits next to Arkie*

~Nutz said...

Either they put it on too thick or they didn't dry it well enough.

Yeah... let's blame it on them! :D

momma said...

Get a q-tip with a teeny bit of nail polist remover on it. Gently swipe at the messed up spot. It will sort of blend it.

How do I know this? I do it almost every.fricken.time I get my nails done.

Lasann said...

Last night was "refresh toenail polish" night. I completely messed up my right big toe (the hairy one).

Swami said...

I have never had a manicure and I rarely wear nail polish anymore - so my cuticles are pretty ragged. Wearing nail polish does force you to do more cuticle maintenance.

By the way - I love the color you chose!

kim (weltek) said...

Your smuged nails look better than my non-manicured nails. Feel good about that.

Glowie said...

come over. I will take you to my MIL's shop. I haven't had my nails done in quite a while. It probably makes her twitch.

Monstah said...

I love your hand!

(really, you could be a hand model!)

Schnookie said...

That is why I never put polish on my nails. The only manicure I ever had was a couple of years ago for my HS reunion. Of course it got effed up before the event LOL.

Whenever I used to put polish on my nails, I would end up picking it off. I would just sit there and pick pick pick. It's sort of like putting that white Elmer's glue on your hand and peeling it off.