So. Glow said I should update. So here goes.
~I've spent probably $200 on books this month alone. I have $75 worth of books on order, just waiting for the release dates.
~I haven't been drinking as much. Don't know why, just haven't. But I have been trying new things to drink, when I drink. Tonight, I had a Woodchuck Amber Cider. It was good. Last Friday night, I finally tried a Killian's. Meh. It was ok. It really didn't live up to the hype.
~I've always felt that whatever people are in to, that's their business. Just because it's not my thing, doesn't mean anything. But I really don't get this. I guess I just always thought that people who screwed animals did it because there were no other options. (Not that I'm condoning that either way, just that was why I thought they actually did it.) But if you're buying a blow up toy, and you choose an animal one over a person one, that's just weird to me.
~I'm having lots of breathing problems at work. The other day, I could feel my throat closing up. I blame it on the stinky perfume that the bitch wears. I'm sorry, but if I can smell you from 10 feet away, YOU'RE.WEARING.TOO.MUCH.DAMN.PERFUME. Some days? I smell more than just the perfume. Those days, I have trouble keeping my food down.
~Shredded Wheat cereal may be healthy, but I hate that crap. My mom used to buy that when we were kids. That was so gross. Why bother buying the cereal? Just go graze in your yard.
~American Idol. I'm loving it. I think Simon is almost always spot on. Sure, sometimes he's a little harsh, but I think he has to be to counter-act Paula's gushing. Lakisha should win.
~Ugly Betty is my new favorite show.
~I said something really mean about one of the men in the office last Friday night. But it was basically true, so I don't care.
~I'm starting to slide back into the mode of "men are scummy perverts." What *is* the female equivalent of a misogynist? I just get so frustrated when I have to deal with a person who thinks that the dangly bit between his legs somehow makes him smarter than me. It doesn't, asshole.
~I have a crush on my bartender.
~I've never been banned from a message board.
~screen names - I'm curious... for those of you who go to other boards, do you use the same name as your RTVW name, or do you have different names for each board?
~I'm going to bed now, so I can read the book I bought today.

22 comments:
1. I'm trying to cut back on expenses --- and I own too many books already. However, last week I bought boyfriend's favorite book and I am about one-quarter of the way through it. My favorite author has a new book coming out next month. My mom pre-ordered it as a birthday gift so I won't have to buy it myself.
2. I've been drinking the same amount, if not more, because boyfriend is a wine enthusiast. I really enjoy Killian's. Sorry you didn't like it so much.
3. Ummm, yeah, I don't understand that either. I wonder if the market is mostly as a novelty --- something that you buy somebody else as a gag gift, not because somebody would actually use it. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...)
4. I don't want to know what you can smell on those days that it is more than just perfume. I have a guess --- and it is making my gag reflex kick in.
5. Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of shredded wheat either.
6. I don't watch American Idol. I prefer Rock Star. Just my preference and opinion, but I think too many of the Idol contestants are novelty acts without much talent. I agree with you about Simon though.
7. I have never seen Ugly Betty. That might be a TV-on-DVD option for me.
8. My friend Alison and I have a rule: if it's funny or it's true, then it's not mean.
9. Well, I'm a pervert, but I don't think I'm scummy, but I don't imagine I was included in all of that anyway.
10. I've had a crush on many bartenders.
11. I have yet to be banned from a message board. I imagine I came close on at least one occasion.
12. I visit two message boards. I have a different screen name at each of them.
13. I'm trying to catch up on blogs.
My, what an update.
I don't think I could possibly respond to everything, but I'll try. :)
*clicks that magical link*
1. I have spend $0 on books lately. I need to buy some. I'm just waiting for my darn refinance check.
2. I gave up my Mochas until Easter. It's kind of a Lent thing. Don't ask.
3. Um yeah. I agree with you.
4. This one concerns me. I'm sorry.
5. What about Frosted Mini Wheats?
6. I love Simon. Always have. He is pretty much always right.
7. You can just smack me for not watching.
8. It's okay, especially if it's true.
9. Men ARE perverts.
10. I had a crush on an Applebee's bartender many moons ago. I never made a move. I probably should have. Those were my "confident" days.
11. Me either.
12. Pretty much. Except when I screwed up over here, and now I like Hooboo.
13. It's wake-up time!!!!
14. Why yes, yes, I would love for you to make me a FNL siggie with Kyle Chandler in it. Wow! Thank you Arkie. You really are the very bestest.
15. *giggles*
16. No, really. I really would.
17. *begs*
18. *grovels*
19. *rids Arkie's office of the perfume bitch*
I wrote a very long response and it was all friggin' deleted. I HATE New Blogger.
Yes, this is quite an update. :)
1. I've spent $160 over the past 2 days. None of it was on books. :)
2. Good for you on the drinking. I need to work on that some more myself.
3. I didn't click on that link because I could tell from the address that it might not be work appropriate. I get what it's about though, from the context of the rest what you wrote. I'm at a loss. I don't get it either.
4. The guy in the office next to ours is a cologne freak. He must put on about a gallon a day. It follows him around like a thick cloud. *gag*
5. I agree. Give me a bowl of Rice Chex over Shredded wheat any day.
6. Paula is really annoying me.
7. I LOVE Ugly Betty. Last week's episode was so good. And FTR, Henry is really hot for a "geek". :)
8. Meanie. ;-)
9. Dangly bit. heheheheh
10. I think a bartender had a crush on me once. He never asked me out though. Idiot.
11. I haven't either. *adjusts halo*
12. I've started using AgStah as logins for various things these days.
13. *kicksmooch*
*hides blowup sheep*
I love Ugly Betty. Best new show around.
I use different user names at different message boards.
I like books.
I forgot the rest of the things...
I like shredded wheat.
I've never seen AI.
I don't drink.
I'm not a pervert.
Fat lot of help I am, huh?
I think the books are grweat! You deserve it!
I used to drink the Woodchuck awhile ago. Now I find it too sweet. I love Killians though.
Yeah I don't get the blow up animal thing.
i hate oodles of perfume.
I like frosted shredded wheat. I've tried the yard and there is too much dog poop.
I don't really watch AI until the final 12.
I always want to see ugly Betty but I forget about it.
I've never been banned from a message board
*squints eyes* You making fun of me?
I post at RTVW(first board ever!), here, and Television Without Pity. TWoP I am Peacefrog. I was gonna go with zombiebaby there but there was a zombygirl and I felt like a copier. The board I got banned from I was "monkeyinacanoe"
I must admit I feel like an imposter using Peacefrog.
Shredded wheat is nasty! Ewww.
There's a blow up sheep. Maybe George would like one of those, HD. :D
There are other message boards? *head tilt*
I have no ideas what I spent on books this month, maybe $175.
These are beers? I don't drink beer.
I think people do animals because they're there and they can't stop you. I read an hilarious review of sex with a blow-up woman once - I forget where. The reviewer said it was fine and quite realistic except the blow-up person was cold to the touch.
Can you get a desktop air purifier? Maybe Stinky Woman will buy you one. For that other smell? Anonymously leave her a douche bag.
The only word I can think of is misanthrope.
I've never been banned from anywhere either. I have a couple of names and post to three boards.
HD, I have a feeling you've guessed correctly on #4. I think you should give Ugly Betty a look. Regarding Killian's, I don't know... I think I was expecting something that just wasn't there. I found this weekend that I don't like Newcastle Ale. I totally put the credit (or blame) to you for me trying different beers now. After reading your post (or was it a comment somewhere?) about always trying new beers when you go out to a pub or whatever, I thought what the hell? If I don't like it, I'll only be out the price of one drink. But if I don't try it, I'll never know. And no, you are not a scummy pervert. *smooch*
*smacks Boo for not watching Ugly Betty* Just because it's up against Survivor (and now American Idol's result show) is no reason not to watch. I don't have Tivo, but ABC shows it on their website, and I can always catch Survivor on CBS's website or on Comcast's OnDemand. I sent you another red wavy. *smooch*
Coco, I really want to know what your long reply was. Please try again??? *puppy dog eyes* Please?
Jen, I agree, Henry is a hottie. I've never really gone for that type, but he could make me change my mind.
Bravie, is Leo still in love with the sheep I gave you?
Bob, I have a feeling you wouldn't like the books I read, though. I'm surprised you forgot the beer.
Cyg, eewwww, shredded wheat is disgusting. If you let it sit in the milk for more than 30 seconds, it's... it's... I just don't have the words to describe how revolting it is.
Zombs, yes. Yes, I am making fun of you. Troll. *smooch*
Nutz, I kept hearing people mention "other message boards", and finally I went out and found some of them for myself. RTVW is the only place I'm "arkiegrl". I'm FallenAngel at 3 places, and jojo816 on anything ezboard related.
Swami, I've thought about an air purifier, and asked our office manager if we had one, but she said it wouldn't help. *snort* at leaving Stinky Woman a douche bag. I'm not so sure *that* would help.
:)
~ I can't wait to start reading again. I haven't been in that place. I can't get my brain to stop fucking with me long enough to comprehend what I read. (and I don't have a bathtub)
~ Good for you. *smooch* I like Killian's.
~ ew.
~ could be the quality of the air. You should have it checked.
~ Frosted Shredded Wheat is yummy though.
~ I'm not sure about American Idol. I do love Simon.
~ Never watched Ugly Betty.
~ I say really mean things every day and I never feel bad. Is that wrong?
~ I love men.
~ I think it's funny that you said "my bartender".
~ I have also never been banned from a message board.
~ Always Glow or a variation when that isn't possible.
Ugh. Had a reply, lost it. Dammit.
**I've not bought any books this month, but I did just buy some kick-ass blush.
**I don't drink anymore, but I like Killians.
**The fact that the fuckable cow is even manufactured gives me both the heebies and the jeebies, but the user reviews are amusing.
**I've never seen Ugly Betty.
**Shredded wheat sucks monkey balls.
**I had a very tawdry little fling with my bartender when I was a freshman in college (because don't all 18-year-olds have bartenders?). Thank you for that memory--he was hot. Dumb, it turns out, and an ass, but hot.
**I've used the name anotherkim on maybe one other board. I have several user names that I rotate. I don't like the fact that my name can be googled and I can be tracked by one name on a bunch of boards. Weird, I know.
**I've never been banned from a board. I'm sure it will happen, though. I've been on a tear lately.
**I'm about to go to bed bcause I've read the entire internet again and I'm freezing. Water aerobics was fricking freezing tonight.
Post a Comment