Reading labels is very important.
Several years ago, (when my sister was 12 or 13 maybe? - Which would have made me 22 or 23), I had purchased a bottle of Nair hair removal mousse. It really didn't work for me, so I put it in the closet of the bathroom that I shared with my sister. (Yes, I still lived with my parents at that age.) One weekend, my sister had a sleep-over with 4 or 5 of her friends. I had told my sister that she better keep her friends out of my stuff. Well, Saturday morning when they all got up, they had piled into the bathroom to do their hair and stuff. After they were finally out of there, I went into the bathroom. All my make-up, which was kept in a drawer, was scattered across the counter. This pissed me off. Then I noticed that the Nair mousse was also on the counter, with a little of the product at the tip of the nozzle, and some down the side of the can. I go to the dining room where all the girls (read brats) were sitting. I asked, quite nicely, if any of them had gotten into my stuff. They all say no, and my sister starts getting all huffy, and complaining about me accusing her friends. I said, "hey, no problem. No big deal. However, if any of you used that mousse in your hair, you may want to go wash your hair right now. That's hair removal." Loud screams and a panicked dash to the bathroom followed my annoucement. Except for Gina, one of my sister's friends. She sat at the table, with a really scared look on her face. She had just had surgery to have tubes put in her ears, and couldn't get her hair wet. She was so afraid that all her hair was going to fall off, but what was she to do? I don't remember what she ended up doing. Luckily for the girls, the Nair didn't work any better on their heads than it did on my legs. My mom and I laughed our asses off.
Of course, this still wasn't enough to teach the girls to stay out of other peoples' belongings. Later, Gina comes walking in the living room, wearing a pair of bear-feet houseshoes. I comment how cool they were, and that I had a pair just like them. She gets a funny look on her face, and leaves the room quickly. I turn to my mom, and say, "those are my shoes, aren't they?"

16 comments:
LOL! Serves them right.
That's what I thought, too, Swami! Too bad the Nair didn't work. *evil laugh*
Another funny "mistaken identity" story! Do you ever remind your sister of it?
Nair sucks... I wish it had worked!
That is too damn funny. Thank god I only had a brother. We just beat eachother up.
LOL. Me too, Rose.
I wish I could pull that stunt on my sister now.
You know what also works?
Pouring stuff into brand new bottles..
Bob <--- has access to things that not only remove hair, but skin, muscle and bone as well.
bob scares me.
heh. Cute story. I love reading entries like this. *smooch*
Ha! I love that story! And Bob scares me, too, Arkie.
OMH, that could have been distastrous! LOL. Would have served them right though.
Great story Arkie.
What a wide smile you have given me today, Arkie. Thanks.
That's funny.
My sister used to take my stuff, especially my fancy matching bra and underwear sets. Obviously, this grossed me out.
I once showed up to where she was working, having again been unable to find my favourite bra and told her that if I didn't find it when I got home from work, I was going to dump all her stuff out on the front lawn.
Now, I had taken every article out of my underwear drawer and neatly folded it and put it back, so I was not at all fooled when I found that the drawer was messy and the bra was way in the back.
LMAO! Oh, how sweet it would've been had the hair actually worked. Is that mean spirited of me?
LOL....good story!!
Post a Comment