(The computer is working tonight - after I deleted several pictures)
I'm feeling whiney tonight. I want a real vacation. After reading all the wonderful entries about the visit to SF, and all the posts about the peep meet in Niagra, I'm feeling very envious of everyone. My vacation last month was great, spending time with my son was so wonderful, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm on vacation next week, and I'm going to Arkansas to spend most of the week with my son. It's his birthday, and so naturally I'm going to spend the time with him. But... {childish, whiney voice} I want a real vacation!!!!! I want to go somewhere fun! I want to do adult things while on vacation! *kicks ground* I want a fucking peep meet!!!!{/childish whiney voice}
While I'm whining and bitching about things I want, but will never have, I want someone to clean my fucking house for me! I'm too fucking lazy to do it myself, but it really needs to be done. It's not quite at the "get a shovel" level, but it's embarrassing. I need to plan a party or something to motivate me to clean it. I don't let people come over when it's bad, so maybe if I had someone coming over, I would get my ass in gear. Oh, who the fuck am I kidding? I would just cancel the visit.
I'm feeling crappy about myself because of my weight. I just can't seem to motivate myself to even begin to try anything. I have thought that maybe I would use tattoos as a motivation. For every 25 pounds I lose, more ink! *grin* Of course, then people might look at me and go "hmmm". *rolls eyes* Years ago, when I worked in one of the regional offices, the exec gave all the office staff a Zig Ziglar book for Christmas. It was all about the power of positive thinking. You know, you look yourself in the mirror and repeat your little mantra of whatever you're trying to accomplish, and it comes it true. If I tell myself 10 times every morning that I will not overeat, I will exercise, and I will lose weight, I will start to follow through and actually do it. BTW, that had to be one of the crappiest presents ever! I know the man meant well, but I don't think any of us actually appreciated it. And he paid the extra price to have them all autographed.
Have any of you seen the Julia Roberts' movie "Something to Talk About"? There's this one scene that I just love, and wish I could actually do. In the scene, Julia's character is at a Junior League meeting, and just found out that her husband had an affair with one of her friends, to help get her husband to straighten up. So Julia's character decides it's time to cut the crap, and just lay it all out on the line. All the "secrets" that everyone knows, just get them out in the open and quit the bullshit pretending. Sometimes I would love to do that. Just lay it all out there and be done with it.
Well, enough bitching and moaning for one post. Time for me to get some sleep so I can have another fun day at work tomorrow. Of course, I don't have any more pie charts to make, so it won't be all that fun. *pouts*

10 comments:
Hang in there, Arkie. <--most overused, meaningless phrase ever!
Seriously, though. I know you are stressed, and who wouldn't be? But I think you're on the right track. You're equipped with the knowledge to do everything you really want to, but timing plays a role, too. Be patient (gah! I hate these words!). Hang in there.
{{hugs}}
We're having trouble getting motivated in our house too. I just need to make myself plan a diet and make us stick to it.
And yes, you need a grownup vacation, damnit. *smooch*
Come over!
Yes! Go to Glow's house, and I'll come over too, and then you won't have to be jealous anymore. Because I know that's the part of the SF meet that you were most jealous about-- not meeting me and glow. LOL.
I know how it is with the weight thing, hon. I just started a new diet last week, and it's going ok, but I still don't have any motivation to exercise. *sigh*
*big hugs*
I so agree that you need an adult vacation. You need to take your son with you and do a peep visit. You can stop by my house on the way to Glow's.
Or take him on a cruise.
I'd come down and help you clean one room, but I'm useless right now.
How's your car doing?
Smooch
Thanks for the Hugs & smooches, everyone.
Careful, Glow. I may just take you up on that. *grin*
And you're right, Jen. Not getting to meet you and Glow has filled me with an all-consuming jealousy and bitterness. Ok, maybe not all-consuming, but yeah, I'm kinda sorta gellus. *smooch*
Lasann - this is going to sound so horrible, but I don't want to take my son with me. I want a vacation where I don't have to be "mom". I want to do things *I* want to do, not something that will appeal to a 15-yr old.
At the risk of being dull and practical, I vote for getting some exercise every day. I haven't been to the gym as much as I like, but I walk to work and am up and down the stairs all day with lab/office runs.
If I don't move a certain amount I feel blechy and then I never want to move again.
When I had a sedentary job, I actually got a pedometer (it counts your steps) and did some extra walking to get the numbers up. It wouldn't make me super fit, but I definatly felt better.
I understand about not taking Arkieboy. You definitely need to get out by yourself. I vote for Glow's!
I hear you on the vacation. I can't remember the last time DH & I went away just the two of us. It's always been visiting family or the step-sons have been with us. I'm desperate for a vacation alone. A real vacation. *sigh*
Try concentrating on cleaning just one room of the house. Start small. Just like the excercise (sp?). Go out for a walk after dinner.
*HUGS*
You are welcome at my house any damn time you like, hon. You know that. :-) Hang in there...you will find the motivation when it's time. You just worry about staying healthy and taking care of YOU. Cuz I want you around for a long long time. :-)
And I love that movie. It has one of my favorite lines ever:
"Well, ask him what he likes to eat. If he says 'pussy', invite him over!"
:P
Post a Comment