Friday, July 21, 2006

Friday 5

1. From what stores is it impossible for you to emerge empty-handed?
2. Where do you go when you need to spend a little bit of make-me-feel-better money?
3. What store did you used to frequent but no longer find appealing?
4. If you opened your own retail store (not a food-service establishment), what would be its theme, name, and target clientele?
5. If you had to purchase all your friends’ gifts at one store for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

12 comments:

arkie said...

1. Barnes and Noble - If I leave there empty-handed, it's because I'm broke, not because I couldn't find anything.
2. Barnes and Noble or Pier 1
3. Really can't think of one.
4. I used to dream of having my own shop. I would have either had a bridal boutique or children's clothing boutique. I don't know what I would have named it, though.
5. A book store.

Bravie said...

1. Target. It's against the law for me to leave empty handed.
2. Target. They have it all
3. Hmmmm, I don't think there is one.
4. It would be a sports card and collectible shop. The name? Jeez, I'm not sure. Hmmmm. How about...You've been carded. That's the best I could come up with quickly.
5. Target. They have it all. :)

Swami said...

1. From what stores is it impossible for you to emerge empty-handed?
--I can leave any store empty handed. I'm tough that way.

2. Where do you go when you need to spend a little bit of make-me-feel-better money?
--Barnes & Noble, or I get my hair done.

3. What store did you used to frequent but no longer find appealing?
--Pier One. They have some nice stuff but it doesn't make me jump up & down anymore. It's not unique enough.

4. If you opened your own retail store (not a food-service establishment), what would be its theme, name, and target clientele?
--It would sell original art, including lots of sculpture and other 3D art. I would specialize in Asian art since I know it better. I hate thinking of names and I suck at it--I'll have to get back to you on that one. The target clientele would be... me!

5. If you had to purchase all your friends’ gifts at one store for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
-- Probably, like Carey, Target. They have a good variety of stuff, reasonable priced so I won't go broke.

Seana said...

1. From what stores is it impossible for you to emerge empty-handed?
I'm with Swami: I can always leave empy-handed, but it's hardest at the dollar store, since they have a fair bit of useful stuff and it's easy to justify when it's only $1.

2. Where do you go when you need to spend a little bit of make-me-feel-better money?
I don't do this. But if I did, Ikea.

3. What store did you used to frequent but no longer find appealing?
WalMart. I refused to go there for ages, but then it seemed silly to boycott them, since the stuff was so inexpensive. But since I've discovered their kids' clothing falls apart after 3 washes and the shoes fall apart inside a month, I can't be bothered to waste my money there anymore. I go to Zellers instead.

4. If you opened your own retail store (not a food-service establishment), what would be its theme, name, and target clientele?
I have no idea. I don't want to own a store. That's way too much work.

5. If you had to purchase all your friends’ gifts at one store for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
Ikea. Gods, I love Ikea. So many useful items. And all the names are fun to say.

yvonne said...

1. Ikea and Target
2. Target
3. Any CD/record store. Now I get my music on Amazon or iTunes
4. I have no desire to own a store or be the boss. If I was forced to, I would choose clothing/shoes/acessories.
5. Target

Surveysez said...

1)The Great Canadian Dollar Store.
2)Chapters
3)Wal-mart
4)a book store, but I don't have enough imagination to name it today.
5)again, Chapters

Bravie said...

Oooooh, I want to add IKEA to my list of stores that I like to shop and stores that I can't leave empty handed. I love me some IKEA.

Bravie said...

And Hey!!! you changed the name of your blog. When did you do that? It used to be Ramblings. *head tilt*

arkie said...

It's been that for a really long time. You're just now noticing?




Just kidding. I changed it Thursday.

Lasann said...

1. Any
2. Kohl's
3. K-Mart
4. Women' above size 10 with clothing that isn't made for the worse material ever made.
5. Waterbeds 'n Stuff

Lasann said...

I didn't notice the name change either. I like it!

Glowie said...

1. Target
2. Kohl's
3. Can't think of one.
4. music, can't think of one right now (I used to know exactly what I'd call it. That's going to bug me now. I'm having troubles focusing on things lately.), people who love music
5. ew. ummm. Target? maybe.