Friday, May 13, 2005

ugh

Taken individually, it's all small stuff. Throw it all at me at once, and major suckage in my life right now.

Last year, I had to have someone come out and work on the A/C unit for upstairs. The guy told me I had a leak somewhere that was letting all the freon out. They would have to run a test that would cost so much, blah, blah, blah, unit is so old, blah, blah, blah, just really go ahead and replace it, blah, blah, blah. He puts more freon in, tells me he can't guarantee how long it will last, and I should start calling to get quotes on a replacement. Well, it got me through the rest of the summer just fine. But earlier this spring, I decided I should go ahead and replace it before it got too hot. Except for one thing. I had a total brain fart, couldn't remember if it was the upstairs or downstairs unit that was needing replaced, and replaced the downstairs unit (which was going to need it anyway, but still...). So, Wednesday night, I go upstairs to bed around 12:00, and it's very warm up there. I have the A/C on, the thermostat set to 70, but it's 80 degrees. I put my hand up under the vent, and that is sooooo not cold air coming out. I turn off the unit because it's probably froze up outside. Now, I have to call around and either get someone to put more freon in, but how long will that last? or go ahead and replace it. Or the third option, which is not really that much of an option, is don't have A/C upstairs this summer. Just sleep downstairs on the couch. So that's suckage number one.

Suckage number two: I made a decision that everyone tells me will be for the best in the long run, but it's making me miserable right now.

Suckage number three: I washed a load of jeans the other day, but forgot to put them in the dryer. Last night, I was going to do that, but they were starting to smell and needed re-washed. I start the washer right before I go to bed, with the intent of throwing the load in the dryer as soon as I got up this morning. I come down to realize that I forgot to close the lid, so the machine couldn't finish running through the cycle.

Suckage number four: I had a dream about my car this morning. I hate having dreams about my car, because whatever went wrong in the dream will make me paranoid for a few days about driving it. This dream, whenever I would turn on the car, the dash would have a little flame shooting out. Plus the dream mechanic told me my muffler was bad (this bothers me, because in reality, I just had the muffler worked on).

Suckage number five: Work is getting crazy. I have been assigned to collect one facility's past due Medicare Part A (over $200k), four facilities' Medicare Part B (unsure of total, but it's all old, and there's a lot of garbage to sift through on their agings), still working on credit balances for yet another facility, and then we have our accu-check project, phase two, starting up. Plus, I feel I really need to go to Texas and have a meeting with those 5 bookkeepers because they are really seeming to be having difficulties lately. And this is just NOT a good time because of everything else on my plate at work.

Like I said, not one big thing, but several sucky little things, and it's just starting to be a little overwhelming.

No comments: