3 weeks of going to Curves 3x week, without fail. I've had to make myself go a couple of times, but for the most part, it's not been too much of a hassle to get over there. I forgot my shoes one day, so I went ahead and wore my regular shoes. I knew if I just went home, I would probably start skipping the next time, and so on.
Food. The diet pill is definitely working as far as my appetite goes. It's hard to eat when you're just not interested in the food. So, I'm mostly sticking to soup. I'm not making the best choice as far as breakfast goes - I hit the drive through at Mickey D's on a regular basis. I try to convince myself that the english muffin part of the Sausage Egg McMuffin makes it healthy. I sometimes go to one of the bakeries and get a bagel, but they put way too much cream cheese on it. I ordered it with butter most recently, and still had to scrape a ton of that off before I could eat it.
I haven't stepped on the scale yet. I think I'm just going to wait until it's weigh and measure day at Curves or I go back to the doctor, whichever comes first.
I just want to thank all of you for the support you're giving me here. It means more to me than I will ever be able to fully express.

17 comments:
I admire your persistence in going to Curves. If I may, I'd suggest having breakfast at home. Try some healthy cold cereal, with lots of fiber and protein or the instant oatmeal packets. Buy your own water bagels and use low-fat cream cheese. It only takes a couple of minutes, probably a shorter amount of time than stopping somewhere. Bring some fruit to work to nibble on, too. Keep it up, girl!
You have given yourself a great piece of advice. I know this from experience. Don't step on the scale more than once a week. Or when you go to the doctor or Curves or wherever. Just don't get on the scale more than once a week. We fluctuate on a daily basis and one of my biggest problems was that I wanted to see instant results so I would get on the scale every single day. If I was retaining water one day and weighed more than the day before I beat myself emotionally, felt as if the diet wasn't working and then would say "fuck it" and cheat. The maximum of once a week made a huge difference.
I'm super proud of you. True, the breakfasts are not healthy but at least you are taking other steps. I think it might get overwhelming if you try to change every single habit all at once. So don't beat yourself up over that. I think it's just so wonderful that you forced yourself to go to Curves even on the days when you could have come up with excuses. That makes me feel sooooo soooooo proud of you because I know how easy it is to say the hell with it.
Stick with it honey. When you start seeing results it's going to get easier and easier.
I hope you too are very proud of yourself. I couldn't be more proud of you for taking these steps and making the effort. *big smooches for my friend*
3 weeks is good, Arkie. Remember, 1 day at a time.
About Mickey D's. Can you order the muffin without cheese? Also, we buttered them back in my days there. I don't know if they still do or not. But ask for it without butter.
Also, have you ever tried their Apple/Walnut thingy for breakfast? I liked it when I did.
And I agree with Puffy. Can you put cereal in a cup (like Jon & Kate) and eat that in the car on the way to work?
Panera has reduced fat cream cheese that is heavenly. You can do it yourself. Or Philly's reduced fat is also good.
I recently tried bagel break by Thomas's, and I eat the whole wheat with some Philly. Pretty good.
In any event, Arkie, I'm super proud of you.
*big hugs and smooches again*
And one more thing. You know it's officially Halloween season, so I am officially using my special Arkie gift witch.
Don't stress about breakfast yet. The other changes you've made are already making a difference in your system and you can focus on the *next* change (breakfast) when you feel ready. That's just my $.02.
Keep it up, Arkie. *smooch*
I just want to point out that MM stole my answer but just changed the wording. She cheats and steals. *huffs off*
You go, girl! Yeah, as the others have said, don't get on the scale compulsively.
Maybe so, but mine was easier to read. *snort*
*laughing at Bravie and MM*
I think it is an insult to Arkie that you write so simplistically. She is way more sophisticated than that. I know because she reads trashy novels. *grin*
Mock my trashy novels all you want, Bravie, but I've learned all kinds of things from them. *sticks tongue out*.
Um, that's NOT pee. *snort* *pees self*
See? That makes you a "rainmaker". *snort*
Oh my goodness.
*backs out of blog quietly....*
Three weeks is great, Arkie! Good for you!
-What Bravie said (long) and MM said (short) on the scale thing.
I understand wanting to buy a no-hassle breakfast instead of making it at home. It's nice to be served. Morning is the best time to eat protein anyway so I wouldn't sweat a sausage & egg McMuffin. Even though I think McD's egg stuff is gross and throw it out so as not to spoil the good sausage & muffin taste.
Great job Arks! Going to Curves when you did not have your sneakers was great! REally I am proud!
Remember they say it takes about 4 weeks to make something a habit. You are almost there! It will get easier each day and psychologically it will too.
*hugs* Arkie. I'm very proud of you.
Every step is an accomplishment. Don't worry about changing everything at once. Monsty once said a phrase to me that has stuck with me and I try to keep it in mind whenever I attempt a new diet/lifestyle change.
"Celebrate progress, not perfection." (Yes, that's yet another way to say what MM and Carey said. Sue me.)
*kicksmooch*
Congrats on the exercise routine!
McDonald's can be so addictive. Try stepping down (calorie/fat wise) to an Egg McMuffin, if you think you can do it. I KNOW (trust me), it's hard. It's easy to do once, harder to keep doing. All we can do is try every day.
Post a Comment