Rant #1
I forgot (or didn't even know) that this was the weekend. I hate DST. You want more "sunlight" hours? Get up earlier on your own, but don't make me do it. My body knows, that even though the clock says "6:00", that it's really Five.Freaking.O'clock. in the morning. And then when people say it gives you more hours in the day???? No, it doesn't. There are still only 24 hours in the day. Deal with it.
Rant #2
Book publishers who re-release books in different formats and book sellers who show those as "new releases". OK, and the moron who doesn't or can't remember that she already has that book, so orders it online because it's a new book! I think they should be required to include a statement to the effect that this book has already been published released in a different format (hardback vs trade paperback vs mass market paperback). The really bad part is I'm such a moron. I keep a spreadsheet listing all the books I own (I know, that makes me anal-retentive, not moronic), and I even checked the listing to "be sure" I didn't already have the book, because the title sounded familiar. (That's the part that makes me a moron.) Luckily, I was able to take the book to the local store of this chain, and return it for store credit.
Rant #3
Cats who bite. Or maybe the rant should just be about cats in general. It drives me nuts. Stinkerbelle will climb up on me, and then if I try to pet her while she's laying on me, she'll bite me. I'm also just a wee bit tired of being woken up between 3 & 5 in the morning, when she decides it's "quality time" and wants me to pet her. She climbs up on my shoulder and just starts meowing until I pet her. If I stop before she's ready, she puts her paw on my face. I haven't decided if the message is a gentle "please don't stop yet" or a more urgent "keep petting me, or I'll claw your face to shreds". Sometimes she makes this funny grunting sound if I stop or if I'm petting too slowly. Reminds me a bit of the grunts that the big cats make.
Rant #4
I went out to eat Friday night at a somewhat more upscale restaurant than I normally go to. When the hostess seated me, she makes this comment - "I wish I was brave enough to go eat by myself." Wow. Way to make me feel like a total loser by having to go out by myself. Not to mention the table she sat me at was waaaaaaaaaaay crappy. It wasn't so much the table as it was the floor. It wasn't even, so my chair and table were at a tilt. Seriously. Light-weight items would have slid off the table.
*Not ranting, just rambling*
I probably won't go back to that place. I would be tempted to go to the bar area, but only if they had happy hour specials. I tried 2 different drinks. The first one was $10. The 2nd one cost $9 - a passion fruit margarita. It was very good. I had 2 of those. I could have had another, but I was frugal. Frugal. *snort* Right. My check was $51 plus change, before tip. I'm soooooooooooooo frugal. I muchly prefer going somewhere that my check will be under $20. Especially when it's just for one person. I could deal with a $50 check if I was paying for 2 people.
*Back to ranting*
Rant #5
I really dislike Best Buy. I went to Best Buy last night, wanting to buy a laptop and/or a new TV (I want a flatscreen). I walked around looking at stuff for probably 30 minutes. I had questions, but the sales associates wouldn't even ask if I needed assistance. I was trying to catch their eyes, but they would walk right past me to offere assistance to someone else who just walked into the area. Arkieboy wanted a video camera, so I went over to that area (he already had one picked out). When I got over to the cameras, there were 3 associates standing together, just talking. We stood there, looking at the one camera, for about 5 minutes. I told arkieboy that I was going to count to 10, and if someone hadn't come over by then to help us, we were leaving. He was all, "But, Mom", but I told him I didn't care, this was pissing me off, and we would go somewhere else. Luckily for him, finally one of the dufus's came over before I could begin my count. Later, I went to Circuit City, because I really wanted a laptop. Service there was just as crappy. But I did go ahead and get a laptop. It just pisses me off when these snotty little teenagers decide that I (a potential customer) am not worth their time or something. I don't know if they think I can't afford the items, or what their deal is, but it really pisses me off.

6 comments:
Want to see a picture of my face? I have a big scratch on my right cheek and a little one on the side of my nose from my cat. Apparently I wasn't giving her enough attention. The scratch on the side of my nose bled a lot!
Maybe one of the smaller stores would give you better service. We bought a new TV from a local store whose prices were comparable to Best Buy. Sometimes the smaller stores are in a "buying club" with all the other small stores across the country. They get good wholesale prices and pass them on to their customers.
By the way, this is for everyone. Surveysez' daughter wants to invite her bloggy friends to her wedding in the summertime. I don't have details yet, but wanted everyone to know. Let me know if you want the daughter's email address. Thanks!
Yay! Rants! I love rants!
Rant #1. DST is pretty much irrelevant to me. So long as I get the clocks changed a one hour difference seems like a non-event.
Rant #2. I hate that too! I always search for 'hardcover' if I have a doubt. Most sites will let you do that. When I am in a hurry I have re-bought a book once or twice, but only once did I buy a hardcover twice. This was B&N you bought from? I usually buy on-line from Amazon and in-person from B&N.
Rant 3. This is why pets belong on the other side of the bedroom door.
Rant #4. You should have made her seat your imaginary rabbit. Or maybe Jesus. Then made her fetch extra napkins and clean spoons and stuff all night. Tell her that's what brave people do.
I dislike eating alone in a "new" place but don't mind it at all if I am familiar with the restaurant.
Rant # 5. All big box store suck, and the teens & young 20s they hire are not interested in helping anyone - especially an older (to them) woman. The only purpose of these stores is to fiddle with display models of things you are interested in. Then order online (but only if shipping is free.)
I'm still dragging from DST. *yawn*
I have a love/hate relationship with my cats. It doesn't take much for them to piss me off. I think I would sleep with my door closed and keep the cat out if it woke me during the night. I'm just not that loving, lol!
The only reason I never go to restaurants alone is because I get bored. I guess I could take a book or a magazine. Even at home, or in the car, if I have to eat alone, I can't do it unless I have something to read with me. The food can get cold while I search for a book or something. Damn! $50? Must have been a nice place!
The service I get in most places these days just sucks. I can usually count on good service at Starbucks, In-n-Out and Chili's, but that's it. The rest is hit and miss. I haven't been in a store like Best Buy in a long time.
I will agree with all your rants. Especially about the hostess that made that comment. In my inside voice I would've said "But apparently you are brave enough to be a bitch."
I hate DLS, too. I never ever adjust to the time change. Hrmph.
It never changes with the cats. I tried to sleep in this morning just to have two cats come over headbutting me to get up.
Normally I have those problems at Circuit City and not Best Buy. Damn them.
That lady at the restaurant was a bitch. You should go back and tell her manager that you are actually a millionaire and you were seeking a new regular place to eat. But that after that girl's comment, you will NOT be returning there. *grin*
Post a Comment