Thursday, March 10, 2005

Unmotivated

I have the perfect job. This job was tailor made for me. Hell, I even helped create the position, and come up with the job duties. I work for a wonderful company that has really taken care of me. I make pretty decent money, and have good benefits, and 4 weeks of paid vacation a year. So, why am I screwing around and risking losing this job? I go in the office every day, and allow myself to get further behind in my tasks. I am better than this, so why the hell don't I act it?

I love my job. I know most people would think working with Medicare billing would be just one big bore, and to be honest, sometimes it is. But there's such a kick in being able to take a claim that no one else seems to be able to get processed, and BAM! In two weeks, we have our money because of ME. I love seeing the past due amounts get smaller and smaller. I love the challenge of having to play their "game", and winning.

So, how do you motivate yourself, when you have almost let something get out of hand. I am so far behind, that sometimes I am so overwhelmed that I can't even decide where to start.

No comments: